Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Found this over at XDA Developers:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=182

I've put it on mine & it works quite well. Startup is slow after reset. But it works fine, other than that.

Bill
    Is the keypad dialer disabled?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Is the keypad dialer disabled?
    It works on mine. If you click the link to view the full thread from that message, there's a later message indicating they're continually updating it,. There are also messages indicating that others have bo such problem dialing from the keypad. It might not from yours, but mine works fine.

Bill
    can someone post some screen shots of this install. I just spent 4 hours yesterday getting SPB Mobile Shell to work nice with RealVGA and I don't wanna undo everything unless it's gonna improve the experience.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    can someone post some screen shots of this install. I just spent 4 hours yesterday getting SPB Mobile Shell to work nice with RealVGA and I don't wanna undo everything unless it's gonna improve the experience.
    I need to find a screen capture app to do that. But I can tell you that, since it's TouchFlo instead of imitation TouchFlo, almost everything looks & functions better. It is slower starting after a soft reset than Mobile Shell. But, after the startup, everything is faster than Mobile Shell & is easier to use. And I say that after having tried both of the Omnia Dark themes & the Experia theme.

I'm still using RealVGA because I have what I consider an essential app that won't display properly on my Pro without it. TouchFlo looks fine with it, better without.

Its not having to find an older 2.1 Mobile Shell, add RealVGA to the CPU load just to get the themes to display right, then have everything drop to SPB's normal Win-like display after closing an app till it "blanks" to the today screen. TouchFlo comes back to TouchFlo on exiting each app. Don't get me wrong. I have Greatbal's Diamond Mobile Shell theme with the Aurora background running on my 8525 & love it. If I could have gotten a 320x320 version of that on my Pro, I might not have looked elsewhere.

I took about an hour to install TouchFlo, but that included everything & multiple soft resets. And I took my time to be sure everything was done right & in proper sequence.

HTH

Bill
    Hey yall could the people that are getting their keyboards to work after the install please post what software version, hardware version and firmware version. these are found under start> settings>system>about then phone tab. Was reading on XDA forum touchflo and some keyboard won't work because of touchflo.

My info is this

Softwareversion:T850UNA-1.01-NAE
    Hardware version: AD
    Firmware:1.65.28.25

Also if you uncheck Cleartype the treo is much faster.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sschlesinger View Post
    Hey yall could the people that are getting their keyboards to work after the install please post what software version, hardware version and firmware version. these are found under start> settings>system>about then phone tab. Was reading on XDA forum touchflo and some keyboard won't work because of touchflo.

My info is this

Softwareversion:T850UNA-1.01-NAE
    Hardware version: AD
    Firmware:1.65.28.25

Also if you uncheck Cleartype the treo is much faster.
    Mine's almost the same as yours, except Hardware version is AN. And the keyboard works fine on mine.
    Just to clarify...your keyboard dialing works from the today screen, Touchflo 2D screen?

Mine works fine from the dialer but does not work from the today screen...so now I do have one extra step as I have to hit the phone hot key and then start dialing...
    If this ever gets to a point where a simpleton like me can install the thing and it works without tweaking I'd love to try it. To many caveats I guess. I love the look of Touchflow
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Where can I get some screenshots of what this TouchFlo interface looks like?
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    Where can I get some screenshots of what this TouchFlo interface looks like?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=172076&page=4
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    Mine's almost the same as yours, except Hardware version is AN. And the keyboard works fine on mine.
    Your keyboard works from the touchflo today screen.
    Wonder if anyone has tried this with the 800w yet... I'd be interested.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    i tried it on my 800w but am running real vga and didn't like the alignment issues. this was an older version and this may have been fixed now. also; are there other skins that can be used with this? I'm not a big fan of the mustard color.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by sschlesinger View Post
    Your keyboard works from the touchflo today screen.
    Now that you mention it, no it doesn't. Until you asked the question that way, I never had that expectation. So, I didm't try it that way. But it only takes one keypress of the "Send" button to get to the dialer. Which makes that shortcoming no real big deal.

Bill
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    i tried it on my 800w but am running real vga and didn't like the alignment issues. this was an older version and this may have been fixed now. also; are there other skins that can be used with this? I'm not a big fan of the mustard color.
    This is my first Treo & my first shot at using TouchFlo on it. So, I can't say if what I'm using is different from any other versions. On the Treo Pro, there is a slight gap between the functions bar & the bottom bar, using RealVGA. But much less than plain WinMo, to the point of almost looking like an intentional separator -- but only "almost". :-) I agree about the mustard color, but it does grow on you. ;-) The screenshots on TreoCentral show a black version. I'm assuming that only requires replacing the BMPs. What I'd REALLY like is the Diamond digital flip numbers, white numbers on black.
    WHAT ABOUT THE Youtube app that is on the Diamond? Anyone have that cab?
    So the opera/internet tab apparently does nothing?
    Lovin the 2d on my treo. Where can I find some themes. xda Pro fourm or lack there of is a mess
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    Lovin the 2d on my treo. Where can I find some themes. xda Pro fourm or lack there of is a mess
    try this link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=425974

The problem is , is that with these themes your gonna have to change alot of files so they fit proper on the treo pro screen.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast