Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
    It's not the soft-resets that are the problem. It's having to hard-reset when something goes wrong because I didn't use the right file. One of the threads I ending up on in XDA literally had over 600 pages of posts. That's why I gave up. When there is one thread with all the latest links and direction specifically for the Treo Pro in the FIRST post I'll try again.
    Actually, no. You do need to start fresh with RealVGA, if you're going to use it. The rest should be ok with sequential reverse order uninstalls, with the appropriate soft resets. A pain in the ****, yes. But it's the safest assumption that uninstallation needs to be in reverse order if you're going to mtry a reinstall.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanC1906 View Post
    As intriguing as it is, it does seem as there's a lot of work involved, which leaves a lot of room for error, though after playing with my buddy's Touch Pro yesterday, I am very tempted to try my hand at it.
    If you follow the steps, it installs fine. As mentioned before, there is also a blue theme & several utilities to tweak & customize it. One of those, M2DC, will even allow changing the background image. I'm still trying to find a link to a black version made for 320x320 that I've seen.I've seen
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    If you follow the steps, it installs fine. As mentioned before, there is also a blue theme & several utilities to tweak & customize it. One of those, M2DC, will even allow changing the background image. I'm still trying to find a link to a black version made for 320x320 that I've seen.I've seen
    You'll find it here
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    All the screenshots I've seen are from the AT&T version of the phone. Has anyone done this with the Sprint version? Is a hard reset necessary, i.e., do you have to install from scratch? Should or shouldn't we install Real VGA? Again, I really am intrigued by this and I know worst case scenario, just recover from sprite backup...
    Wow. I did it. This sh*t is NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE. I encourage anyone who thinks you have to be Cody or Ebagg to pull this off to give it a shot. If you follow the instructions from the first post, you're as good as gold. I'm no newb, but I'm certainly not PPC Geek (no pun intended). Don't let the length of the procedure intimidate you. You're only playing yourself if you do.
    However, should I be able to dial from any screen using the keyboard? Should the center button work?
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    You'll find it here
    That gave me an invalid post screen. I'll try again later. I know they seem to have had some site problems & appear to be in the process of restoring things. Thanks for the link.
  8.    #68  
    However, should I be able to dial from any screen using the keyboard? Should the center button work?
    One of the known issues is the need to hit the green call button to bring up the dialer before dialing. For me, that's not a big deal.
    my messaging tab keeps crashing the M2D on my device, each time I'm (h)over it, it restarts manila .. how to fixit (this was not the case on original setup, but after installing theme failes)
    Okay, so that didn't last. True enough, it installed flawlessly easily per the directions in the first post. However, the functionality was pretty blah for me. Granted, I didn't necessarily give it a whole lot of time but at the end of the day it was nothing more than a pretty interface. Maybe I've just grown accustomed to the good ol' WM Today screen. Try it. You may like it. To be fair, I found SPB to be of no real use either.
  11.    #71  
    Granted, I didn't necessarily give it a whole lot of time but at the end of the day it was nothing more than a pretty interface....To be fair, I found SPB to be of no real use either.
    Everyone to their own taste. The differences are what keep this world interesting.
    To be honest, I'm loving it a bit less than originally as well. If I could get the bottom bar to fit right without using a 96dpi screen, I think I'd enjoy it a lot more, right now the bottom half of the touchflo bar is cut off by the softkeys. I try using the stylus as little as possible, and 96dpi makes my fat fingers weep.
  13.    #73  
    You'll find it here
    Xda is still saying that's a bad link. Do you recall which forum & what thread?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Xda is still saying that's a bad link. Do you recall which forum & what thread?
    Humanjoy at XDA has created 3 themes that work great with my 800w so i expect they will work even better with the pro (the "special sauce" on the 800 must be done away with for m2d to work). the thread is here:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [27 Sep 08] Manila 2D on i780 + realVGA 96dpi
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  15.    #75  
    Humanjoy at XDA has created 3 themes that work great with my 800w so i expect they will work even better with the pro (the "special sauce" on the 800 must be done away with for m2d to work). the thread is here:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [27 Sep 08] Manila 2D on i780 + realVGA 96dpi
    Thanks. Those are made for a different installation than the one I used, so I think I need to eliminate the graphics that don't change on mine. But I don't have time this morning. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks, again.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Thanks. Those are made for a different installation than the one I used, so I think I need to eliminate the graphics that don't change on mine. But I don't have time this morning. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks, again.
    I'd be interested to know the difference between the two installations (from a feature standpoint).

let me know.....
  17.    #77  
    I'd be interested to know the difference between the two installations (from a feature standpoint).

let me know.....
    Sorry. I meant to reply sooner. There seem to be four main differences between the two 320x320 versions of m2d.

First, the one I use has the analog clock, the other one uses the flipclock. I've actually grown to like the analog clock better, just because it's cleaner & it displays my custom backgrounds better.

Second, the flipclock version leaves pieces of the flipclock & some of the graphics when you change pages. Those sections of the screen will update, but only with an extra screen tap. The analog clock version doesn't have that issue on my phone.

Third, the flipclock version seems much slower than the analog clock version.

Fourth, the flipclock version has more tabs/pages that work right, but nothing I really need or want.

BTW, thanks for the link to the themes. Unfortunately, they're for the flipclock version. Any modification to get them to work for the analog clock version is beyond my expertise. And the home page with the clock would certainly be at issue. So, I'm still looking for the black theme for my version of m2d.
    What are the extra working pages on the flipclock? I'm tempted to install on my 800w
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryyando View Post
    What are the extra working pages on the flipclock? I'm tempted to install on my 800w
    IIRC, the photo page works & the Internet page didn't need tweaking to work right -- although that eliminates tweaking to use your favorite browser. And I just wasn't into Opera Mobile 9.5.
    wow, what a great thread! thanks to everyone who contributed!

there's a small thing i'd like to tweak. anyone know how to have my gmail account as the default account on the email tab? it defaults to outlook now (which i don't even use). TIA!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast