Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Well Bern tested it and it seems to be good. Maybe tomorrow I'll rebuild my CAB package and post up here for further testing, for those willing to try it.
    Thanks!
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Well Bern tested it and it seems to be good. Maybe tomorrow I'll rebuild my CAB package and post up here for further testing, for those willing to try it.
    Count me in. :-)
  4.    #44  
    I have two (more) questions re: M2D.

First, over on xda there's now a "step 3" archive to put appropriate graphics & xml files in the Windows folder to get black background & the white background digital flip clock. What I'm unsure of is whether that will "permanently" change the settings so that the other themes will have off kilter "home" screens. Or does changing themes automatically change the necessary xml files?

Secondly, I'm using the VJBrisk workaround to get browser access on the Internet tab. I installed SBSH's Calendar Touch & really like it better than the default WM calendar. Tapping the appointment displayed on the M2D home screen brings up the default WM calendar. Is there a way to change that behavior to bring up another calendar, instead?

TIA

Bill
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Isnt this TouchFlo thing own my HTC? Their own cool interface for their phone.

HTC owns the xda developers forum and website.

This goes to show that Palm is light years behind HTC and need their help in designing the Pro.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post

HTC owns the xda developers forum and website.
    The XDA developers site is run by independent HTC enthusiasts, it is not owned by HTC. Just like Treo Central is not owned by Palm, but by an independent Palm enthusiast.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    Secondly, I'm using the VJBrisk workaround to get browser access on the Internet tab. I installed SBSH's Calendar Touch & really like it better than the default WM calendar. Tapping the appointment displayed on the M2D home screen brings up the default WM calendar. Is there a way to change that behavior to bring up another calendar, instead?
    Thanks to JwY in the M2D discussion, I have that one covered. His message is #25 at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=443357&page=3 and has a link to another xda thread for a patcher that changes a bunch of things in TouchFLO 3D, fewer in 2D. But it did change the calendar to what I wanted & will change the default browser to something other than OperaL.exe. And I'm thinking that (for those who want to use Opera) it might fix M2D on the Pro not recognizing the later installation of Opera.
    Hi,

Is there an updated link for the Touchflo 2d app? Any fixes or changes since the original?

Thanks,
    Rich
    works prfectly and the phone seems to actually run a bit quicker...don't know how just an observation lol
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Did anyone get a flip clock theme? Hope people start making some themes...
    Anyone seeing two icons back to back when you scroll left to right on the bottom icons?
    Kraski, can you link the files you used to install? I tried the XDA thread and his v.21 zip, and while it works well, it only covers the left half of my screen. With RealVGA the vertical portion is lined up, without it, the bottom of the touchflo bar is hidden by the WinMo softkeys

Edit: Finally got the softkeys to work though, and I can hit the green talk button to dial, which is a huge step in the right direction.
    I have installed the software and it works great, but I would really like to get rid of the title bar and the soft key bar. I may be missing something, but is there a cab out there for the Treo Pro to accomplish this? I have tried a couple other ones from other sites for other windows mobile phones to no avail.

Please help.
    Wow, while I appreicate everyone's work. This is the most convoluted bunch of crap I've ever seen. I installed touch flo but there must be literally 10,000 posts to sift through the find the best option for the Treo Pro.

Can someone please post the lastest method for installation, settings and theme here.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=116

If someone could interpret this guy's instructions for me it would be great.
    ok, so I installed the files and it worked, this is what I've done:

1 - Hard reset
    2 - Install RealVGA (Mortscript, then the test certs file, then .net 3.5, then Ebag's RealVGA, then finally EBag's 96dpi pack)
    3 - Unzipping the latest v. 21 M2D, I installed it in this order (reboot when asked):

a - "Test IOLITE M2D take 3" cab
    b - After reboot, disable M2D in the home settings and install "test IOLITE footprints" cab
    c - "Test IOLITE Youtube" cab
    d - "Test IOLITE Album" cab
    e - "Test IOLITE audio manager" cab
    f - "Test IOLITE steaming media" cab
    g - Install the files found in Imzking's "step 3.zip" here:

M2D on Treo Pro - Page 2 - xda-developers

4 - reboot
    5 - Install M2DC
    6 - Reenable M2D and it should be working fine.

Without RealVGA, the bottom bar was cut off by the softkey bar, with RealVGA it fit fine. However, things are a bit small for my taste with RealVGA enabled, so I'm hoping someone fixes this to fit a 128 dpi screen.
    OH Heck forget it! It's not worth all this. 2 hard resets tonight. If I want touch flo I'll go buy an HTC device again Too many forums, links, threads, files, abrreviations, bad grammar and settings to read through and there isn't one darn post with links to everything.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by entropism View Post
    Kraski, can you link the files you used to install? I tried the XDA thread and his v.21 zip, and while it works well, it only covers the left half of my screen. With RealVGA the vertical portion is lined up, without it, the bottom of the touchflo bar is hidden by the WinMo softkeys

Edit: Finally got the softkeys to work though, and I can hit the green talk button to dial, which is a huge step in the right direction.
    The link is in the 1st post in this thread. Also, elsewhere in this thread are links to the latest M2DC, to customize M2D, as well as a utility to set some of your favorite apps as default instead of the system defaults for M2D. And I think there's also a link for the original blue theme. Also, I zipped up the step two files & put them in my theme folder (your choice which one that is), so I could go back to the original mustard color if I wanted. And I have a whole folder of background images to play with, too. :-)

For Jeremy: Yes, there are a series of soft resets. But that makes sense. It allows following steps to see changes in the registry, so later stuff gets properly installed. It is worth the effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    For Jeremy: Yes, there are a series of soft resets. But that makes sense. It allows following steps to see changes in the registry, so later stuff gets properly installed. It is worth the effort.
    It's not the soft-resets that are the problem. It's having to hard-reset when something goes wrong because I didn't use the right file. One of the threads I ending up on in XDA literally had over 600 pages of posts. That's why I gave up. When there is one thread with all the latest links and direction specifically for the Treo Pro in the FIRST post I'll try again.
    As intriguing as it is, it does seem as there's a lot of work involved, which leaves a lot of room for error, though after playing with my buddy's Touch Pro yesterday, I am very tempted to try my hand at it.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast