Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Does this work on the Treo 800w?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by emd2009 View Post
    Does this work on the Treo 800w?
    I posted the link & I've installed it on my Treo Pro, but that's as expert as I get. :-) Best bet is to follow the link to the thread on XDA & ask the creator. I've only seen the Treo Pro mentioned. Since this is my first Treo, I really don't know most of the similarities & differences between the various Treo models.

Bill
    that's because the opera cap was not included in the rar.

it'll work once you install opera onto the main memory.

Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    So the opera/internet tab apparently does nothing?
    Switched from the iPhone to Treo Pro
    I installed Opera 9.5. Doesnt work
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by dd4618 View Post
    that's because the opera cap was not included in the rar.

it'll work once you install opera onto the main memory.
    Like SmileyBoy, doing my own installation would not get the Internet tab to recognize it. Unfortunately, my favorite weather app will use Opera instead of the IE engine, making reading it very interesting. So, I had to uninstall Opera. What I'd really like to find is an easy way to reset the Internet tab to a different browser -- I have Skyfire & Iris, besides IE.
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    Like SmileyBoy, doing my own installation would not get the Internet tab to recognize it. Unfortunately, my favorite weather app will use Opera instead of the IE engine, making reading it very interesting. So, I had to uninstall Opera. What I'd really like to find is an easy way to reset the Internet tab to a different browser -- I have Skyfire & Iris, besides IE.
    Try this link I have skyfire linked to my internet tab
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...re#post2783014
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    can someone put a video on how the tf2d works on tp? is it useful or just a flashy today screen?
    I though it was pretty useless. It was just eye candy for me. Opera plug in didn't work, it slowed the device down some and did require a few resets.
    I took it off of my device. I may try mobileshell. Still looking for a takephone replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk View Post
    can someone put a video on how the tf2d works on tp? is it useful or just a flashy today screen?
    Its actually a very functional piece of software however it is not designed for 320*320 devices so having people having to hack the files just to make it work is a time consuming ordeal. I my self use it and from time to time use mobile shell. I think once some of the rom cooks get started we will see a much easier and better installation of tf2d,.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by sschlesinger View Post
    Try this link I have skyfire linked to my internet tab
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...re#post2783014
    Sounds pretty easy, with one exception. I'm assuming that the instructions would also work for already installed browsers. The only thing I'm unclear on is where the VJTarget.lnk file needs to reside to make all this work.
  11.    #31  
    Sounds pretty easy, with one exception. I'm assuming that the instructions would also work for already installed browsers. The only thing I'm unclear on is where the VJTarget.lnk file needs to reside to make all this work.
    OK. If I'd just done it, the error message I got would have told me where. ;-)

try google Opera 9.5 v.2745...
    Switched from the iPhone to Treo Pro
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by dd4618 View Post
    try google Opera 9.5 v.2745...
    Thanks, but no thanks. Maybe you need a special mindset for 9.5. It just never worked right for me on any of my PCs & I don't get a much more favorable experience on my phone. I love the new Mini, Skyfire is great & I've liked pre-9.5 versions of Opera. But not 9.5.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by sschlesinger View Post
    Its actually a very functional piece of software however it is not designed for 320*320 devices so having people having to hack the files just to make it work is a time consuming ordeal. I my self use it and from time to time use mobile shell. I think once some of the rom cooks get started we will see a much easier and better installation of tf2d,.
    I thought I recalled following some links you had given for a blue M2D theme & one of the sets of screenshots you posted looked like it was black -- might have been an overly dark set of images for the yellow. If there are blue & black themes for the Treo Pro, I'd love to get them, so I can switch once in awhile.
    Thanks guys for posting the links to this.
    It is very very cool indeed.

I installed it last night with no problems. Am using it with real VGA at 96dpi
    I just opened the xml file in a text editor and changed anywhere that had 240 as the number to 320 and all looks good.

Not only does it look cool but it really is very functional. I think I'll be sticking to it!
    Thanks!
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by artvandulet View Post
    Thanks guys for posting the links to this....

Not only does it look cool but it really is very functional. I think I'll be sticking to it!
    Thanks!
    You're welcome. There are two more links I need to grab & post. One is to the repository for updates of the customizer app. When I installed M2D, M2DC was at 0.17 something; now it's at 0.25.227, with more features -- including the option to select a different wallpaper for the theme in use.

The second link is to the message on XDA-Developers with the download link & installation instructions for the blue theme. You'll want to zip up the "Step Two" folder of the installation theme graphics & place that according to the same instructions, so you can switch back & forth.
  17.    #37  
    OK. Here goes.

The blue theme download link & installation instructions can be found at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=116 .

The updates for M2DC are at: http://code.google.com/p/manilla2dcu...+DownloadCount
    If anyone can develope this into a one or two step process it would be wicked cool. It would be nice to be undoable as well. Just too many installs and steps for me. I'd end up hard resetting for sure. Any chance TF could be incorporated into a couple of cabs? The REALVGA makes me nervous as well since it corrupts the battery indicator.
    Quote Originally Posted by azlarry View Post
    The REALVGA makes me nervous as well since it corrupts the battery indicator.
    A version is currently in testing that should fix that.
    Ah, getting closer to the killer app for the Pro!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast