Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Or you can use Coreplayer or Kinoma Play to access youtube. Both cost some $$; Kinoma Play has a free version, but the paid version has a great media guide.
    Thanks for the mention! Kinoma FreePlay includes Kinoma Guide as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I highly recommend Skyfire, though.
    Skyfire is interesting, but it's main use is playing video from sites that don't have a mobile client.

With sites like YouTube and Google Video, you'll always get better quality with Kinoma Play and Kinoma FreePlay. That's because with Skyfire, you're really using another computer somewhere, and they're just sending you back a series of screen shots of the video playing on that computer.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
  2.    #22  
    So should I delete the skyfire and get kinoma? I don't care what I have as long as it works well with my 800. I like skyfire cause it looks like actual internet. Videos are a little jumpy...
    For push email on the 800w, you basically have two choices: SEVEN or Flexmail. I would go with Flex right now, as SEVEN may push, but it does not sync IMAP folders.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwood View Post
    So should I delete the skyfire and get kinoma? I don't care what I have as long as it works well with my 800. I like skyfire cause it looks like actual internet. Videos are a little jumpy...
    It depends upon whether you're only interested in youtube. I use Kinoma & Coreplayer for youtube, but love Skyfire for Hulu & other vid sites.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  5.    #25  
    Can I dowload Flexmail from my phone? Does it cause any glitches to the phone itself. I just dont want to load up a bunch of stuff on the phone if it will cause bugs. Should I be dowloading these apps to the device (800w) or my sd card?
    You can load to RAM or SD. Typically WM apps that can't be installed to your card will tell you that during installation. And yes, you can d/l from your phone, providing your preferred software site offers the .cab and not just an executable.
  7.    #27  
    Thanks again. So far im loving this phone. It is taking some getting use to since i came from my 700p but im happy with the upgrade. I played with the sprint touch pro and couldnt stand the slide out keyboard and it really didnt seem very fast. I have only had the 800w for 2 days so we will see if I keep it past the 30 day mark...
  8.    #28  
    Oh and i looked at flexmail and it is $30. Is it worth it?
    Quote Originally Posted by kwood View Post
    So should I delete the skyfire and get kinoma?
    Many people use both, since both are considered some of the best Windows Mobile software in their class.

You can get Kinoma FreePlay for free (or go to kinoma.com with your phone to download it directly). That way you not only have YouTube, but other excellent services like SHOUTcast, Flickr, and more at your disposal as well.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Kwood.... I wanted the same way but found an easy alternative. I use Gmail but it didn't support push email. I setup a windows Live acount (for free) and I have my gmail forwarded to my live acount. I get the emails much like having an exchange account and if I accidentally delete something on my phone that I want to later view on the PC, I log into my gmail and view it from there(archived). Seems to work well and I use my phone several times an hour for about 10 hrs at work and then more when I get home with calls placed and text/emails during the day and my battery makes it till I go to bed. I just have to make sure I charge overnight or phone no workie.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12