Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    I have my main Treo 750 and I am noticing that when I push the power button to turn it on occasionally it comes up all garbled and sometimes it comes up fine. When I say "garbled" I mean it looks like an invalid screen resolution like your PC would have and many times its flipped and barely visible, most of its black with a few crazy lines of color. Is this the symptom of a bigger problem or is this just a screen replacement that I need? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and also a good place to buy a new screen. It's happening more and more frequently so I want to fix this sooner rather than later in case it renders itself unusable. When it messes up I just turn it back on and off a couple times and it fixes itself.
    AT&T Treo Pro WM6.1 with 8GB microSDHC | Treo 750 WM6.1 with 4GB miniSDHC | Samsung Epix ... needs a better OS, too buggy!
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    bump
    AT&T Treo Pro WM6.1 with 8GB microSDHC | Treo 750 WM6.1 with 4GB miniSDHC | Samsung Epix ... needs a better OS, too buggy!
    either the lcd cable or lcd itself.

a replacement will fix you up (or tightening up the lcd cable)
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    If I leave it on for a minute or so when its fritzing out it can sometimes correct itself. It doesnt seem to matter whether I "tap" it on the side or not. I'm pricing out one on PDApart.com now and it looks to be $50.

EDIT: I just placed my order with them this morning and recieved confirmation that it shipped today. I also picked up some torx keys so I dont have to go looking for my cheapie set. I also like how they have an embedded YouTube video on how to replace the screen. Hopefully all works well.
    Last edited by ShuckyD; 11/03/2008 at 01:10 PM. Reason: updated since I ordered