1.    #1  
    If anyone is interested in applying some form of "Getting Things Done" or other productivity todo lists, I've posted an article about the new Task2Gather website and windows mobile client software from Vito Technology.
    Link: Task management on WinMobile
    The beauty of this system is that your treo pro and the website are always synced. At $5 it is very affordable too.

Anyone tried it also?
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    Hi oVan. Thanks for the review of Task2Gather. However, http://www.task2gather.com/ seems currently down with Apache Tomcat 404 error.

Based on your review, it seems Task2Gather is currently an *online* only system, with clients from WinMobile/iPhone or Windows PCs. To me that's a show-stopper for my "GTD Trusted System". I need to trust that the system will be accessible to me as reliably as my pocket paper notebook. Internet access (especially across the Pacific) from my corner of the world is not totally assured.

I used to use bLADE wiki on my WinMobile device for GTD. File synching with the PC for access with bigger keyboard/screen. But requirements for usb cable linking, tends to limit me to update/use GTD mainly on my WinMobile device.

Recently my employer have implemented Nokia Intellisync for our Lotus Notes server. Hence my WinMobile now have OTA (Over The Air) synching of Email, Contacts and Tasks with the Lotus Notes server. So I went to GTD basics, implementing my Trusted System with as vanilla a Lotus Notes Windows client setup and vanilla WinMobile as possible. I found this e-book http://www.davidco.com/store/catalog...es-p-16276.php "GTD and Lotus Notes" to be very useful to setup the vanilla Trusted System. Currently, I'm using Lotus Notes client on my Windows PC as the primary device, and my WinMobile having secondary synched offline copy of my GTD lists (as well as online access to the Notes server).

Just my take on GTD'ing with WinMobile device like our TreoPro.
    regards, sabre23t =^.^=
  3.    #3  
    hi sabre, I've noticed the website problem too. It's not every page, so I assume they're having a temporary glitch. The webservice itself seems up and running.

I've received confirmation from Vito that an offline mode will be added to the software clients (both win mobile and iPhone), as that's the most requested feature currently.

The fact that there are so many different implementations of GTD and PlanPlus means every one is looking for a different approach. I've tried many times with Outlook and add-ons, but in the end I want a simple system that is not tied to one machine or system.
    Hi oVan,

I have commented on your post about task2gather, and checked them (promising). I also asked a question, what is their business model? For sure they're not planning to survive on the $5 fee they charge for the client application. They have a product that is no less in value than other commercial PM tools out there, so why not charge for it? The only thing they need, in my opinion, is some publicity/advertisements...

Project Management - PM Hut
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Remember the Milk also offers a WinMo client if anyone is interested. This is included in the pro version ($25/year).

Todd
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by pmhut View Post
    Hi oVan,

I have commented on your post about task2gather, and checked them (promising). I also asked a question, what is their business model? For sure they're not planning to survive on the $5 fee they charge for the client application. They have a product that is no less in value than other commercial PM tools out there, so why not charge for it? The only thing they need, in my opinion, is some publicity/advertisements...

Project Management - PM Hut
    Luckily enough they don't depend on this app alone to survive, as they're selling a lot of popular WM-apps on www.vitotechnology.com and www.iwindowsmobile.com

Also, a message on their site indicates that paying version of the online service is coming with more features (SSL, attachments, etc).

We'll see how fast they improve the clients and offer extra functionality... so far I like the app and website (although it could use a little less clutter).
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by toddx View Post
    Remember the Milk also offers a WinMo client if anyone is interested. This is included in the pro version ($25/year).
    Todd
    Some months ago I tested all popular sites and for some reason I didn't stick with RTM. Looking at their site now, I see that it's not a real WM-client but a sync program that will sync the tasks of your device to RememberTheMilk. At $25/year just to get this app and keep syncing is expensive. I'll need to check it out though, it could be interesting.