1.    #1  
    OK so as we all know AT&T is offering the Samsung Epix for free on a 2 year contract. We also know we can pick up a Treo Pro for about $475.00 with no contract. So here a possible workaround.

Purchase the Epix on a 2yr contract with AT&T. Get the SIM car with the order but otherwise ďdonít open the boxĒ when it arrives. Sell the Epix on eBay NIB for $399.00 (that seems to be the going rate.

You now have about $375.00 in CASH to buy the Treo Pro from anywhere. Simply install the SIM from your Epix order in to the new Treo.

Net result should be a New Treo for only $100.00 and be honest, arenít we willing to pay an extra $100.00 to get the Treo Pro vs. the Samsung Epix?

-$ 0.00 Purchase Epix
    +$375.00 Sell on eBay (after S&H and eBay Fee)
    ---------
    =$375.00 Net Profit from sale

$475.00 Purchase your Dreamy Treo Pro
    -$375.00 Net Profit from Epix to buy Treo.
    ---------
    $ 100.00 Total out of pocket.

-D
    Nice workaround.

It won't benefit Palm though. They need to offer this thru AT&T without hooks.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Nice workaround.

It won't benefit Palm though. They need to offer this thru AT&T without hooks.

Sure it benifits Palm in unints sold at fulL retail

I agree though, it would be great if AT&T would pick it up.

-D
    I wouldn't do that since I'm not on a contract w/at&t & then I wouldn't want to be locked in a 2 yr contract and paying for the expensive data plan for smartphones/PDA.
    On AT&T the data plan is optional. But if you want data it's $30, of course.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    One of the reasons I went with T-Mobile for my unlocked Treo Pro, was the contract was month to month, which I prefer over a 2 year contract.
    I don't like 2 yrs contracts. I'm stuck right now with my wife's 2nd. line which I can't cancel b/c I have to pay contract fees of like $170 if I do. That is one of the good reasons to just buy the Treo Pro (unlocked) and put the SIM card and forget about at&t contracts.
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t
    Last time I tried to get a no contract plan on T-mobile they said there was no such thing. They have a no contract plan now?
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    It's called Flex Pay.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    Last time I tried to get a no contract plan on T-mobile they said there was no such thing. They have a no contract plan now?
    I don't know if it's called flex pay, but it maybe. It's on a month to month contract with an unlocked phone.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    One of the reasons I went with T-Mobile for my unlocked Treo Pro, was the contract was month to month, which I prefer over a 2 year contract.
    I coudln't get by without 3G - mainly the voice and data at the same time.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I should have done this when I first read this thread. Now the price of the Epix is is $199. Or am I missing something. My AT&T contract is up for renewal, and I would like to replace my 750 with a Pro. Preferably without paying full retail.
  13.    #13  
    Still coming up free for me for the Epix at this link:
    http://www.cellstores.com/r.aspx?Ref...Black&c=AT%26T
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, that is a new account price. When I click "Get this phone with a contract extension", the prices changes to $149.00. I appreciate the info though. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Those free phones are somewhat an advertising strategy to gain more customers. What they should really be focusing is on the quality of their services and phones that they deliver to the consumers. But anyways, the phone "get free" and sell is a nice tip.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com