Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know there are a few other threads about this program but i started using it after Bujin suggested I try it because I was trying to use movie6.net on my treo to watch movies, well I can't say enough about this browser, it loads quickly, i can access real webpages, listen to anything I could on my laptop, sirius, other streams, videos etc. awesome. I highly recommend downloading the beta, the best part, it's free!!!
    If only it had tabs
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Yes but it's a McCain voter. It doesn't have a passport and has not yet left the US.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
  4.    #4  
    yes tabs would definatly be a nice touch, but most of what i currently use it for is streaming audio or video, otherwise for the most part I use PIE which does have tabs. now if only tmobile would kick out 3g in my area...
    I use it for video as well - it really is terrific. Beyond that, it's too much of a battery hog for my general use, due to the fact that it keeps a continual data connection.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    You can get Skyfire in Canada now. (Not Russia, though.)

I had tried an earlier beta and hated it. I like Opera Mobile 9.5 better, but I have no use for "media" web sites on my Treo.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dmartin1976 View Post
    yes tabs would definatly be a nice touch, but most of what i currently use it for is streaming audio or video, otherwise for the most part I use PIE which does have tabs.
    The version I got with my Pro doesn't have tabs; which version does have?
  8.    #8  
    if you get spb pocket plus (there is a beta version out there) it'll give you the option to open in tabs when you open IE.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    can anybody post a link where i could download the beta? i just found this site recently an am becoming aware of all the things i can now do on my treo. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jr3153 View Post
    can anybody post a link where i could download the beta? i just found this site recently an am becoming aware of all the things i can now do on my treo. thanks
    http://www.skyfire.com/
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    I like this browser. I am also waiting to try the FireFox mobile browser.
    is there anyway to get out of pop up windows, I was planning on watching a video then i pop up site came on the screen. I couldnt see how to close it.
    I've been using Opera 9.5. I like the way you can drag and zoom. Does skyfire do this? Opera doesn't support Flash yet so no video.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Skyfire sort of does this, but it requires a round-trip to their server to render the next part to view. When I tested an earlier beta I found this agonizingly slow. I have not tried it again.
    meh, I'll wait until Opera gets updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichChestmat View Post
    Yes but it's a McCain voter. It doesn't have a passport and has not yet left the US.
    Technically, that would be Palin but in practice you are right because you vote (or would have voted) for both...
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Technically I was talking about the voter ;-) I t would have been simpler if I just said Palin herself though.
    I upgraded to version 0.85.0.7927 but it hangs at "locating..." step. the previous version worked.

maybe it's because I'm from Europe, not USA/Canada...
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    It seems to cover USA, Canada & UK now.

I have it but haven't had much chance to use it yet. It would be nice if you could import your IE bookmarks.
    I've tried it and it's pretty rubbish after all the hype. Sloooow and buggy on the 750. Doesn't work with Japanese input. Opera Mini is still my favourite.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast