Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there an Adobe Acrobat Reader that is compatable with the 800w? Tried to install the Pocket PC version and got an error message that it was incompatable. The pdf reader that come with the unit (PDF Viewer) is terrible. I'd like something that will allow me to zoom - the images are so small I can't read anything. Thanks.
    In relation to this, I am VERY surprised that Microsoft has not made a Windows Mobile version of their XPS viewer, which basically is the MS response to the PDF format.

But I guess whatever deal causes the PDF viewer to be on the device may relate to why MS won't support their own XPS format on Windows Mobile.
    I use the plain old one that Adobe still offers. It's old and was meant for Pocket PC 2002 and 2003 OSs but it still works on WinMo 6 and works well. Download from http://www.adobe.com/products/acroba...p2_mobile.html and choose a language version under the Pocket PC Version 2.0 section.

It's an exe installer and you must install via ActiveSync/WMDC with your PC. Once installed it is fully functional.

During the install on the device there is a chance that you may not be able to see the buttons on the EULA screen to due it being written for older devices (the only issue at all that I have ever had with it). If you cannot see the Accept and Deny buttons, try just pressing the Enter / carriage return key on the keyboard. If that doesn't work, there is a registry entry that can be made to get past it that I can find if needed.
    I use Documents to Go and it's quite well. Of course, you shell out about $30 for the app.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I use Documents to Go and it's quite well. Of course, you shell out about $30 for the app.

Mine's free!
    go to xda-developers and download the adobe acrobat that comes with HTC phones
    My 800w came with Picsel PDF Viewer pre-installed. Strange that the rest of you did not get it?
    Adobe Pocket Reader 2.0 also works perfectly on my 800w and its free.
    Documents To Go PDF To Go also works but it costs money.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dg12 View Post
    Is there an Adobe Acrobat Reader that is compatable with the 800w? Tried to install the Pocket PC version and got an error message that it was incompatable. The pdf reader that come with the unit (PDF Viewer) is terrible. I'd like something that will allow me to zoom - the images are so small I can't read anything. Thanks.
    You can zoom with the Picsel Viewer that's in the 800w's ROM.

Check your on-board help file. I forget exactly how, but I think it's something like tap the screen and then drag the stylus down--or something like that.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for all your suggestions, but none worked for me. I followed the link to Adobe and tried both the Pocket PC version 2 and the Pocket PC 2002 versions and got the invalid application error message for both. As for the Pixel Viewer, I do have it but there is no help option and holding and tapping allows you to move the document not zoom. Tha.nks anyhow
    I find the included PDF viewer quite adequate. I also did not realize it zooms until someone pointed it out to me. But now it works just fine.
  11.    #11  
    Figured out how to zoom with Pixel Viewer. You first tap the center button on the four way, then up is zoom in, down is zoom out, right and left scroll from page to page in either direction, and tap, hold and drag shifts the current page!
    Thank you. This is very helpful.
    G
  13.    #13  
    Glad to share when I stumble upon something. I've gotten so many great tips and advise from the folks on this forum it's nice to give back.
    Quote Originally Posted by wwejason View Post
    I use the plain old one that Adobe still offers. It's old and was meant for Pocket PC 2002 and 2003 OSs but it still works on WinMo 6 and works well. Download from http://www.adobe.com/products/acroba...p2_mobile.html and choose a language version under the Pocket PC Version 2.0 section.

It's an exe installer and you must install via ActiveSync/WMDC with your PC. Once installed it is fully functional.

During the install on the device there is a chance that you may not be able to see the buttons on the EULA screen to due it being written for older devices (the only issue at all that I have ever had with it). If you cannot see the Accept and Deny buttons, try just pressing the Enter / carriage return key on the keyboard. If that doesn't work, there is a registry entry that can be made to get past it that I can find if needed.

Update on Acrobat Reader. There is a version that works as I have installed it myself on my Treo 800w.

Try this link instead: http://www.adobe.com/products/acroba...lversions.html

For Operating System, switch to Mobile. For Version, choose Pocket PC. Choose a Language. On the next screen choose the first option: "Adobe Reader for Pocket PC Version 2.0 Latest version"
    wwejason - How is that different from the one you mentioned earlier? Both are Pocket PC Version 2.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    wwejason - How is that different from the one you mentioned earlier? Both are Pocket PC Version 2.0.
    A fellow Treo 800w user on the Palm forums had success by going to that link and downloading and installing. I did as well. I'm wondering why you are unable to successfully install that version...
    Quote Originally Posted by wwejason View Post
    A fellow Treo 800w user on the Palm forums had success by going to that link and downloading and installing. I did as well. I'm wondering why you are unable to successfully install that version...
    I never said I was having any problems with it at all . (I've always had it, although I don't have it installed currently because of some testing I'm doing.)

I just noticed it appeared to be the same as what you linked to earlier . I was hoping you had found a v3.0 .
    I have been running version 2.5 of adobe reader and it works perfectly it can be found on xda-developers. That I know of version 2.5 is the newest release from adobe.
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler459 View Post
    I have been running version 2.5 of adobe reader and it works perfectly it can be found on xda-developers. That I know of version 2.5 is the newest release from adobe.
    I believe 2.5 was hacked off of an HTC device.
    It was but it is the newest available and works great
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast