1.    #1  
    I have a treo 700wx, which is mostly a big pain, and now the bluetooth keeps turning itself off. I go into settings, connections, bluetooth and turn it on and make it discoverable. Then hit ok, go back in and the boxes are unchecked. I have done soft reset by removing battery and same results. This phone is NOT good .. cannot do handsfree which is required by law in California. In the past, I had it paired with my jawbone II but now.. nothing since the bluetooth keeps turning off. Help please. Also, tell me why I should love this phone.

Verizon is my service and my windows version is 5.1.198. Is there a technical support phone # for either palm or Verizon that I should expect to help me?
    Are you running the WM6.0 ROM?

The default Verizon WM6.0 ROM did that a lot. I have newer drivers in my custom WM6 ROM which seems to help.

This happeneds to me sometimes on my 800w too though. Not sure why.
  3.    #3  
    I am on windows wm5. Dare I try to upgrade? I have so little confidence in this phone. I haven't read the whole thread .. but does this wm6 support true hands free dialing via bluetooth?
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnB View Post
    I am on windows wm5. Dare I try to upgrade? I have so little confidence in this phone.
    Why? I've used many phones, and the 700 was one of the all around best. Aside from the size, and the relative lack of features (no GPS/WiFi) I loved it.

The square screen is another issue, but mostly with lazy developers.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnB View Post
    I haven't read the whole thread .. but does this wm6 support true hands free dialing via bluetooth?
    No. That's a hardware limitation. Verizon claimed that it did, and had to retract that statement.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    my treo won't stay connected with my garmin....

its just on/off/on with it
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    my 700wx will drop all the time from any of my sony/erikson headsets, same with my TomTom. However, onc I got my new corolla with BT, that phone stays connected non-stop. It is a real treat. Granted, on some incoming calls the person on the other end gets a lot of static and I have to call them back, but still, at least it is connected.
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by finnd View Post
    my 700wx will drop all the time from any of my sony/erikson headsets, same with my TomTom. However, onc I got my new corolla with BT, that phone stays connected non-stop. It is a real treat. Granted, on some incoming calls the person on the other end gets a lot of static and I have to call them back, but still, at least it is connected.
    Mine (700w) does the exact same thing with the incoming calls being staticy for the incoming caller and I'll have to call back (70 % of the time). Yes the Bluetooth drops sometimes too (icon turns gray). This all started happening after the Verizon 1.22 firmware update for A2DP..... but hey, I got stereo bluetooth which is valuabe to watching slingbox with wireless headset.....

Probably going to graduate to a Touch pro.

Sarge