1.    #1  
    Hey everyone!

Just switched from a 750 to the pro. While switching, I am having problems installing cab files from my memory card. A few programs (flexmail, elecont weather, pocket digital clock) have installed without a hitch. Opera 9.5 beta, aim mobile and few others have failed to install. All I get is an "installation failed" prompt.

Keep in mind I had all these programs installed on the memory card for my 750 with no issues.

Any advice or tips would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
    Not sure.

Just outta curiosity,
    can you do a Sprite backup to your card?
  3.    #3  
    Also, it will let me install onto the phone's memory and not the card.

I exchanged the microsd for a new one. Same results....
    Are you able to do a Sprite backup to your card?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Are you able to do a Sprite backup to your card?
    Just tried with no success.

it just said...
    Error: Could not create the backup file "\storagecard\backup_2008-10-31.pbf"
    Last edited by smellydj; 10/31/2008 at 07:57 PM.
    Of the apps I use, I haven't had any trouble with cab installs from SD card, but I can't do a Sprite Backup to card. And I've tried it with 3 different cards.
    There may be no connection between the two issues, I was just curious.
    It's weird.
    Oh, and I came from the 750 also.
    The only thing I could suggest would be to format card.

You've got me curious.
    I'm going to try and install those three apps you're having trouble with.
    I can go get the flexmail.
    Would you be able to post the cabs for the other two apps your having trouble with?
  7.    #7  
    I can post the cabs, but it's failing on all of them (at least 5). I'm starting to think that it's a hardware issue - since I have formatted 2 different cards twice and performed a hard reset twice as well.

*Been on the phone with Palm. They are scratching their heads over the issue. So, I'm gonna ask for a new phone.

Who knows...
    Flexmail installed fine on mine.
    No problem doing Sprite backups to my sd card., including a restore from the same card.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  10.    #10  
    Problem resolved. I just did a hard reset and reformatted the SD card. Then one by one added and installed the cab files onto the card. Now the phone is set up the way I wanted originally.

I think the culprit could have been the Opera Mobile 9.51 Beta cab. I installed it with no problem, then I tried to open it and the phone would not let me do so. Immediately I uninstalled it and got rid of the cab.

Thanks to everyone that chimed in!
    where is a good cab for opera mini 4.2?
    Treo 700p, Palm Centro, Treo 700p (again), Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rpearlberg View Post
    where is a good cab for opera mini 4.2?
    Would this be a better thread for your question?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...pera-mini.html
    Just call me Berd.