Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    If you were thinking about picking up an InvisibleShield for your Pro today would be a good day to do it, or even get an extra one. Use this coupon code to get 40% off today Halloween only:

scary40

Looks to be good for anything off the zagg.com site.
    Thanks. Great deal. Any hints on the install?
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
    I wonder if it's worth calling the for a credit.

Just got mine weds
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I wonder if it's worth calling the for a credit.

Just got mine weds
    Can't hurt to try. Any probs with the install? Any bubbles?
    Haven't had a chance to install. maybe this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAholic View Post
    Can't hurt to try. Any probs with the install? Any bubbles?

I have used invishields for a long time. Make sure you have a credit card on hand to squeegee the air bubbles out while your applying the film, and use a little soapy water not a lot and let cure for a day or so.

I orderd two full shields today I think it was 14.95 per shield after discount. Normally it would be about 50 dollars for two shields so I couldn't resist.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    hmmm... I just went with a cheap shield off ebay. Cost me $6 for two.
    Gotta love technology... you blink and everything changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewTreoProUser27 View Post
    hmmm... I just went with a cheap shield off ebay. Cost me $6 for two.

I use to by the cheap one but noticed they peel off at the corners to easily and they turn yellow quicker. The way I look at is its 500 dollar device whats an extra 30 bucks for top of the line shield. IMO
    Lets not even go down this road. I want to beat up the idiots at Palm and kick myself for even buying this device. A week later from when I bought it, Dell had it on sale for $74 less. And lets not forget, every day, I have issues with programs that just will not work on a 320x320 screen. Only about 10 out of all pocket PC available programs out WORK! If I didn't have a new puppy to deal with at home, I would have already tossed this piece of junk by now. Paying $6 is pushing it.
    Gotta love technology... you blink and everything changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewTreoProUser27 View Post
    Lets not even go down this road. I want to beat up the idiots at Palm and kick myself for even buying this device. A week later from when I bought it, Dell had it on sale for $74 less. And lets not forget, every day, I have issues with programs that just will not work on a 320x320 screen. Only about 10 out of all pocket PC available programs out WORK! If I didn't have a new puppy to deal with at home, I would have already tossed this piece of junk by now. Paying $6 is pushing it.
    I just feel the love between you and your treo.

I think everyone is having the same issues finding software that will work. IMO its by far the best ppc phone I have used so far and I went from treo 650 to 700w to 700wx to tilt to treo pro.

Seriously though sorry about your treo misfortunes maybe next year they'll give us treo users better software and god forbid a nice software update.

Why are you mad at palm though did you buy at full retail. I got one from Palm for 450.00 plus 18 s&h overnight.
    Quote Originally Posted by sansnil View Post
    ...get 40% off today Halloween only:

scary40...

Order mine with the code.
    Thanks for the heads up on the discoount.

As for the eBay ones, I too order my current one from there and it went on great and looked super. However it is scratching very easy and I am very careful with my phone.

-D
    Quote Originally Posted by sschlesinger View Post
    I have used invishields for a long time. Make sure you have a credit card on hand to squeegee the air bubbles out while your applying the film, and use a little soapy water not a lot and let cure for a day or so.
    Thanks for the advice! I am curious why you used soapy water; according to the website, they come with a spray bottle and some type of adhesive that you need to squeegee out. Just curious, thanks again.
    That spray bottle just has soapy water in it. The benefit is laziness and a spray action. Otherwise you can just dip the skin in a dish of soapy water before applying.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    Quote Originally Posted by RichChestmat View Post
    That spray bottle just has soapy water in it. The benefit is laziness and a spray action. Otherwise you can just dip the skin in a dish of soapy water before applying.
    its also easier to slide the shield around to position it as well.
    I got the front and sides on with no problem but the back cover was a real challenge. Just couldn't get all the bubbles out. Front looks great however the edges, which are probably the 2nd most vulnerable area after the screen (like if dropped for instance) are uncovered which is a little concerning.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    I like the Zagg, alot. All pieces fit great for me, including the back. Great product. Will definitely buy again.
    Here is a semi-permanent 20% off coupon code

techound1
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I am not happy with the shield.
    The reasons are because:
    • It is too rubbery feeling. It got better with time, but I like a smooth feel to the screen. I actually liked the rubbery feel on the back.

• I also think it looks bad both front and back. It is not completely smooth looking. Though I donít feel it, if you look at a slight angle it looks like there are waves in the shield.

• And last of all is on the back I was never able to get rid of all the bubbles. And where I chased bubbles a couple of the big bubbles out there are stretch marks now and it looks bad.

Am used to the nice antiglare screens from PPCTECH.com. I have yet to find anything as nice for the Pro

I spent a great deal of time installing my shield and have installed window tint on cars in the past so I am prolly better than most and this was a real challenge.

I had the same issue with the back cover--a few bumps now even though the air bubbles are gone. The side pieces went on easy and look great but I bet they start to peel in time. I am most satisfied with the way the front shield went on. It worked great and yes it is a tad tacky but I fell my screen is safe now. I just wish something covered the rounded corner when the front and back transition to the sides...that to me is where the dings are likely to happen.

The key is to load up with the solution they give you (soap and water) it allows you to move the protector around easily--you really can't use too much of that. Once it starts to dry out you are in trouble and the adhesive quality doesn't come back.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB