Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a sprint treo 700p and need a new phone. I cant decide between the 800w or the htc touch pro. Im coming from palm os and i know both phones will be an adjustment for me. I like the 800w cause of the layout and the front facing keyboard but I have heard some negatives about the phone i e call quality, battery, and stability. Does anyone know if the htc pro is a better phone/device? I just want it to work out of the box.
    I need it for...
    1. Phone. I own my own business so I talk alot.
    2. Text messaging.
    3. Email.
    4. Internet.
    5. so on...

I want a phone that wont drop calls and lock up and will last thru out the day with heavy use.
    I like the 800w for form factor but I have seen a ton of bad reviews. What are your opinions?
    Thanks for the help.
    The Touch Pro has a few bugs to. I've been reading at SprintUsers where people are complaining about horrible audio quality, GPS takes 3-4 minutes to get a lock, poor battery life and poor reception. The 800 has its own issues as well. I wanted the Pro also but after reading about it I may be keeping the 800.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  3.    #3  
    I thought you were one of the ones that hated the 800w in the beginning? I think i will hate the slide out keyboard of the htc. I text a ton. LOL. How happy/ unhappy are you with the 800w since you have had it for awhile? I like that they released the pic message update for it. That was a big deal for me since i have a 1 year old son...
  4.    #4  
    I was also thinking of buying a new 755p on ebay. I can get one for about $190 shipped to my door and I dont have to renew my contract thru sprint. i just hate paying $200 for an old phone when I can get a new one for the same price that does way more. But if a new phone doesnt work right then I dont want it...
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I have used phones without Front KBs, and I will never again.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwood View Post
    I thought you were one of the ones that hated the 800w in the beginning? I think i will hate the slide out keyboard of the htc. I text a ton. LOL. How happy/ unhappy are you with the 800w since you have had it for awhile? I like that they released the pic message update for it. That was a big deal for me since i have a 1 year old son...
    Yes that was me. I went through 2 devices in two weeks and gave up fighting the bugs. Switched to a BB but missed Windows and the only front keyboard is this. Still fighting bigs with this 3rd unit and was ready to go Touch Pro. Now I am reading the same bugs with that device too. Having the sliding keyboard isn't helping either (hate sliders). I see the Treo Pro is coming to Sprint. I may be all over that one.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    I like the 800w for form factor but I have seen a ton of bad reviews. What are your opinions?

I view it as an improved 700wx. From that perspective almost everything about it is better (except the battery life...but you can't have everything).

If you like the 700p form factor (front keyboard, square screen, etc) then you'll probably like the 800w.

But go to Sprint and try one out for 30 days. If you don't like it, return it and try something else.
  8.    #8  
    I might just get a new 755p. It doesn't do everything but it does work. When is the treo pro coming to sprint?
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I might just get a new 755p. It doesn't do everything but it does work. When is the treo pro coming to sprint?
    My 800w works very well. I may have an occasional freeze, but this always due to a third party program. I can assure you, if you load up your new 800w responsibly, it will not fail you. Take a look in this thread, to get an idea of the apps I have on mine.
  10.    #10  
    Ok... Thank you. I might try out the treo 800w for a week or two. I don't want or need any apps on it other than what the phone comes with. And now that sprint released the pic mail update I think it will be a winner. I wish it had a better camera but hey I have lived with my 700p for over a year now. Guess it won't hurt to try it.
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Ok... Thank you. I might try out the treo 800w for a week or two. I don't want or need any apps on it other than what the phone comes with. And now that sprint released the pic mail update I think it will be a winner. I wish it had a better camera but hey I have lived with my 700p for over a year now. Guess it won't hurt to try it.
    I think that may be your best bet. Please, if you get it, keep us updated. The camera is really not too bad. My lens was a little dirty, but as you can see, it isn't so bad.

12.    #12  
    The pics aren't bad at all... I was referring to the flash on the htc pro. I just hope the 800w doesn't give me a bunch of problems. My 700p is wore out and I'm ready for a change. The htc pro is nice looking but I text a lot like I said and I will miss my treo keyboard to much. Thanks again for all the help...
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    The pics aren't bad at all... I was referring to the flash on the htc pro. I just hope the 800w doesn't give me a bunch of problems. My 700p is wore out and I'm ready for a change. The htc pro is nice looking but I text a lot like I said and I will miss my treo keyboard to much. Thanks again for all the help...
    That pic was resized to Photobucket's standards too(notice the grain). I think if you keep your 800 in a virgin state, you shouldn't have many problems, if any at all. I know the feeling about the 700P, I switched to the 700wx a few months before the 800 came out, to get used to WM again. I was also bored with the 700P. the Treo's form, I believe is the best for texting, so you should have no loss there.

I am glad I could be of help to you. If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask.
  14.    #14  
    This might be a stupid question but does anyone know if the treo 755p is that much better than the 700p? I was still thinking I might just buy the 755 on ebay and save my upgrade thru sprint till a better phone comes out. What makes the 755p better than the 700p?
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    This might be a stupid question but does anyone know if the treo 755p is that much better than the 700p? I was still thinking I might just buy the 755 on ebay and save my upgrade thru sprint till a better phone comes out. What makes the 755p better than the 700p?
    There is very little difference between the two. I think no antennae, and memory card format are the only real differences.
  16.    #16  
    Does anyone know when the treo pro is coming to sprint? I was just wondering if I should wait for that phone instead of the 800w.
    I think the Pro hits around Christmas.

I had both. Although not in all cases, the majority of posts were like mine - the 700p was VERY unstable. The 755p should have been the successor to the 650 from the start.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
  19.    #19  
    Does anyone think I should get a 755p instead of the 800w? Like I said I need a new phone and I need it to work. I'd hate to waste my contract upgrade on a phone that ir riddled with problems (800w).
  20. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Does anyone think I should get a 755p instead of the 800w? Like I said I need a new phone and I need it to work. I'd hate to waste my contract upgrade on a phone that ir riddled with problems (800w).
    I say no, the 800w will provide you reliable service, if you load your programs responsibly. Plus, WM opens up some new doors for you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast