1.    #1  
    I have been looking everywhere for am SMS Backup application that works with Palm's Threaded SMS app designed specifically for the Treo 800w. Yes, there are several that handle the Palm OS version of the Palm's threaded SMS. There are also plenty of 3rd party SMS backup software applications that work for Windows Mobile 6.1; however, these are designed for the poutlook or OE's sms built into 6.1 and not Palm's Threaded SMS on the 800w. Manually copying and pasting each individual text in a detailed conversation can drive a person to insanity. Even a way to log a selected conversation to the memory card would be nice. Oh, and yes I prefer Palm's threaded SMS app and don't want to go the poutlook route.
    ...in the game of thrones, you win or you die.
    I don't think its possible only a full back up and restore with Sprite. I am in the same boat as you.
    If you only want to back up the file so as not to lose it when you do a hard reset or something like that, you can back up the PalmMsgV001 file. It is located in the Windows folder.

There is no program that can actually read this file other than the Messaging program on the phone, so if you're looking for a way to back up and read on your PC or something, I'm pretty sure you're out of luck.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    It is a .dat file. So I would try and find a program which exports info from these types of files. A search on google may help you quite well.
    has anyone found a solution for exporting/backing up the SMS yet? is this more of a palm device limitation, or a WM limitation?