1.    #1  
    A while back I posted about a problem I had with my Treo not being able to display the pictures via file explorer. Some other users had the same problem as i did... So I would like to help you guys out.
    Also, I have noticed that I cannot view my camera pictures that I saved onto my storage card. When I click one of the img files, it gives me an error:
    "There is no application associated with "img #". Run the application first, then open this file from within the application.
    Just today as I was playing around with the new PicMail program from Sprint I found how to fix this minor annoyance above.

Step 1: Go into your file explorer and find where ever you saved your pictures from our camera. (Mine was File Explorer-->Storage Card-->DCIM

Note: Now if you had the same problem as I did before you would get an error trying to view these pictures.

Step 1.5: You will need to have the File Explorer Extension app seen here. --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=421723 Download and install. It is a great little app that adds some things that the regular file extension is missing. Remember back up before installing... Just in case! I haven't had any problems with installing it, but there is always a first.

Step 2: Here is the part in which I feel like banging my head on a wall for...

Go back to your folder where your images from your camera are stored.
    Press and hold your palm center button on a pic... It will then display things like "Cut,Copy,Copy Path...Open With Program, and Property (imgXX.jpg)

Step 3: Scroll down to "Open With Program" and select it.

Step 4: Now scroll down to the Pictures & Videos (pimg.exe) program and check Associate selected Program with this file type.
    Hit Open and now it should work like before!

I was always trying to find something similar (the open with program/ program association... similar to the Windows OS) and I couldn't believe it was right there!

It should be pretty straightforward and simple.. If anyone has any questions, just ask.
    Last edited by mbw163; 10/31/2008 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Forgot to add File Explorer Extension
  2.    #2  
    Well I guess not many people had this problem. Oh well... It should be good for someone if they need it in the archives (search).
    That was done on day 3. Not a problem.
    I get the same "There is no application associated with" error...but,
    when I hold the palm button, i do not get the "Open With Program" option in file explorer.
    I was the one who posted the first post back in July about this. Then I just use Pictures and Videos to view.

Hold the Palm button down doesn't give me the option to open with.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  6.    #6  
    Aha. I forgot to mention that I used File Explorer extension. Its a great little extension that enhances the file explorer. Which I think is how i got the extra menu when I held the palm button down. Follow the link to see what this app does.

Here is the link to the cab if you guys need it.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=421723

Just a reminder to do a backup just in case! It shouldn't mess up anything but just in case... Better safe than sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbw163 View Post
    Aha. I forgot to mention that I used File Explorer extension. Its a great little extension that enhances the file explorer. Which I think is how i got the extra menu when I held the palm button down. Follow the link to see what this app does.

Here is the link to the cab if you guys need it.

Just a reminder to do a backup just in case! It shouldn't mess up anything but just in case... Better safe than sorry.

Cool....THANKS!