Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 84
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by gerard187 View Post
    I notice that they have Palm Treo Pro listed as a phone.
    that's right... i can't wait..
  2. #42  
    Just did a hard reset a few days ago and things have been great since. I downloaded the cab that is actually for the 800w and installed it yesterday. Now a strange problem appears after the install. It seems that just about every time I turn the screen on, Picture Mail is running or doing something because while it shows the Today screen, the word Start instead says Picture Mail and both of the soft key labels at the bottom are gone. The only buttons that do anything when it's like that are Start and Power. If I press Start to open the Start Menu and press it again to close the menu, it "recovers" and is usable again until the next time that the screen goes off. A few soft resets later and the problem persists. I'm reinstalling the app now but is anybody else having this strange issue?
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by wwejason View Post
    Just did a hard reset a few days ago and things have been great since. I downloaded the cab that is actually for the 800w and installed it yesterday. Now a strange problem appears after the install. It seems that just about every time I turn the screen on, Picture Mail is running or doing something because while it shows the Today screen, the word Start instead says Picture Mail and both of the soft key labels at the bottom are gone. The only buttons that do anything when it's like that are Start and Power. If I press Start to open the Start Menu and press it again to close the menu, it "recovers" and is usable again until the next time that the screen goes off. A few soft resets later and the problem persists. I'm reinstalling the app now but is anybody else having this strange issue?

    I found that too it also happens on my wifes touch.
    I found that if you rest and dont run picture mail it goes away. As soon as you run picture mail it comes back. If you run taskmanager you will see the picture mail app is not exiting and that is what is causing it. for me I just set an autokill with sktools and run it after I use the picture mail app.

    For me I found that using the picture mail app to send and sMMS to receive is the best way to have picture mail on sprint windows mobile
  4. #44  
    what a bummer- my 800w does the same thing now- how do I uninstall the cab file??? Im going to take the battery out and not use the pic mail so I can use my phone. I did notice that if I tap the screen where the contacts come up from the home screen you can temporarily bypass the this error and type a contact and then make a call.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTreo650 View Post
    how do I uninstall the cab file???
    To uninstall: Start > Settings > System tab > Remove Programs. Tap to select Sprint Picture Mail, tap Remove.

    Quote Originally Posted by rattler459 View Post
    I found that if you rest and dont run picture mail it goes away. As soon as you run picture mail it comes back. If you run taskmanager you will see the picture mail app is not exiting and that is what is causing it. for me I just set an autokill with sktools and run it after I use the picture mail app.
    I reinstalled earlier hoping for a simple corrupted install but it no good. I see the picture mail app running when this happens, but in Task Manager if I kill it under Applications, it is still running in the background under Processes which cannot be killed via Task Manager. I will have to play with sktools as you mention and see what happens.

    Since the app is actually Sprint's, I posted a link to this thread on their own board (forums.buzzaboutwireless.com).
    Last edited by wwejason; 11/01/2008 at 12:31 AM.
  6. #46  
    What I found is you need to use an app that will kill processes and then it is fine until you use it again that is were sktools autokill comes in you can make a shortcut that will kill the picturemail.exe process when you are done using it
  7. krsh87's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #47  
    you rock!!!! we have been waiting for this for a WHILE~~~ NOw I may acutally like my treo if i can get the volume of the notifications to work loud lol... THanks
  8. #48  
    I unistalled it and then did a battery removal reset- my phone became so slow... it took over 10 seconds just to open the calandar??? I have no software added- totally stock unit... did another battery removal and it seems to be working better now- hope I don't have to start from scratch just because I tried this new software cab file. By the way the pic mail worked fine... it just made the rest of the phone useless..
  9. #49  
    Problems with this implementation of Sprint Picture Mail:
    - no easy way to send MMS unless you actually navigate to the photo in "Pictures and Videos" application - can't simply create an MMS message from the messaging app and then attach the photos
    - for Treo 800w's (which I have), it still won't download incoming MMS's to your phone, but just gives you a link which launches Pocket IE
    - Whenever you turn the phone back on, the Today Screen is all screwed up (text for soft buttons not displayed, It displays Picture Mail instead of Start at the top, etc.)
    - doesn't show you whether or not your MMS was sent (i.e. sent items folder, etc.)
    - can't send directly from camera screen - have to take the picture, save it, and then navigate to it in order to send
    - can't send from other applications, such as Resco Explorer (which I use for everything)

    For all of these reasons, this is a pretty poor attempt by Sprint, and I uninstalled it and am sticking with sMMS. Maybe Sprint should pay the developer of sMMS to design a new MMS system for Sprint!
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTreo650 View Post
    I unistalled it and then did a battery removal reset- my phone became so slow... it took over 10 seconds just to open the calandar??? I have no software added- totally stock unit... did another battery removal and it seems to be working better now- hope I don't have to start from scratch just because I tried this new software cab file. By the way the pic mail worked fine... it just made the rest of the phone useless..
    for me it took three soft resets to get back to normal. also clean out the notification list with pmclean and it helps too
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbressman View Post
    Problems with this implementation of Sprint Picture Mail:
    - no easy way to send MMS unless you actually navigate to the photo in "Pictures and Videos" application - can't simply create an MMS message from the messaging app and then attach the photos
    - for Treo 800w's (which I have), it still won't download incoming MMS's to your phone, but just gives you a link which launches Pocket IE
    - Whenever you turn the phone back on, the Today Screen is all screwed up (text for soft buttons not displayed, It displays Picture Mail instead of Start at the top, etc.)
    - doesn't show you whether or not your MMS was sent (i.e. sent items folder, etc.)
    - can't send directly from camera screen - have to take the picture, save it, and then navigate to it in order to send
    - can't send from other applications, such as Resco Explorer (which I use for everything)

    For all of these reasons, this is a pretty poor attempt by Sprint, and I uninstalled it and am sticking with sMMS. Maybe Sprint should pay the developer of sMMS to design a new MMS system for Sprint!

    For number one you can if you use hannip's messaging switch
    For number two it sucks on all the phones my wifes touch only gives a link too it just looks nicer
    For number three see post number 48
    For number four I agree
    For number Five see number one
    For number six I never tried but I think number one would fix it (I just tried and it works from resco if you are running hannips switch)

    I agree it is a very poor attempt by sprint. Right now I am running sMMS to receive and sprint to send I think if we could combine the two apps into one it would be perfect
  12. #52  
    I use sMMS no problem but cannot get this Sprint PM to work on my 800w.
    ... Go Go TREO !!! The 700wx and T755P are awesome
  13. #53  
    I just downloaded this application. I am trying to sign up and it says:
    "To gain access, add Sprint Picture Mail to your Sprint Service Plan. A $5.00/mo service charge (plus taxes and fees) will be added to you Sprint Invoice."
    I have the $15 a month data plan on my line. I also have the $20 a month unlimited texting plan for our family plan. Would the Picture Mail Plan be included under this?

    I know Sprint had offered to change our family plan to a share/text plan that included picture messaging for $10 less a month. I haven't take them up on their offer yet though.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by neil1492 View Post
    ...I have the $15 a month data plan on my line. I also have the $20 a month unlimited texting plan for our family plan. Would the Picture Mail Plan be included under this?

    ...
    Depends which Vision Pack you have
    ... Go Go TREO !!! The 700wx and T755P are awesome
  15. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #55  
    So everyone is still having problem with this app on 800w?

    I have SERO and it work just fine right if I want to install it.
  16. phonedrn8's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #56  
    not 2 happy with this
  17. #57  
    Other then having to go to a browser to view pics this seems to work absolutely fine. I'm not sure how well it works for MySpace but I'm testing that now.

    UPDATE:

    I got an error when trying to send a pic to MySpace. Has anyone else gotten this to work?

    Also, is it possible to use a version that intercepts the PictureMail links if you're using the POutlook hack?
    Last edited by gksmithlcw; 11/09/2008 at 12:30 PM.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  18. #58  
    ugggh. i'm really frustrated with sprint now. my original treo 800w had problem so I recenlty swapped to another one at the sprint store. At the time of switch, CS rep told me that he has to drop my plan and add it back.

    Since then picture mail has disappeared from my plan. I talked to sprint almost 2 hours and they told me they can't add free picture mail option with unlimited text. after talking to 3 other people on the phone, the final guy told me that the plan has been added.

    Still this point, whenever I try to use muy picture mail, it tells me the plan has expired. so I emiled sprint cause I didn't want to spend another 2 hrs on the phone. I got the worst BS respond ever.

    Treo 800w is not a picure mail device. so they can't add it.

    what a bs answer is that? I showed them the link and now they told me that yes, software is released but they still can't add it.

    I really wonder how rest of treo 800w users using picture mail lol.

    maybe time to leave sprint after all.. I really do love 800w and sprint's cheap plan!!
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by amdxmania View Post
    ugggh. i'm really frustrated with sprint now. my original treo 800w had problem so I recenlty swapped to another one at the sprint store. At the time of switch, CS rep told me that he has to drop my plan and add it back.

    Since then picture mail has disappeared from my plan. I talked to sprint almost 2 hours and they told me they can't add free picture mail option with unlimited text. after talking to 3 other people on the phone, the final guy told me that the plan has been added.

    Still this point, whenever I try to use muy picture mail, it tells me the plan has expired. so I emiled sprint cause I didn't want to spend another 2 hrs on the phone. I got the worst BS respond ever.

    Treo 800w is not a picure mail device. so they can't add it.

    what a bs answer is that? I showed them the link and now they told me that yes, software is released but they still can't add it.

    I really wonder how rest of treo 800w users using picture mail lol.

    maybe time to leave sprint after all.. I really do love 800w and sprint's cheap plan!!

    Just keep calling and/or escalating until you get someone who knows what they're talking about.
  20. #60  
    I installed this, and it is working fine without any of the homepage issues. On a side note, I can send a picture from the camera program immediately after taking the picture. I don't know about you all, but when I take a picture, it is automatically saved. After I hit the center button (to take the picture), I hit the right soft key "menu" and it has the send PM option available.

    It truely sucks not being able to get PM without the stupid links. Amazingly, the voicemail feature of the 800w was improved to allow easier navigation, but PM was not improved simularly.

    Cosmo
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions