1.    #1  
    I will be new to AT&T when I purchase my Treo Pro, and switch carriers from Verizon. Not yet sure how the whole SIM card thing works.

Purchasing an IPhone through work for my wife, but I can't order a SIM Card through the AT&T online site. I know that I can go into a store and buy one, but was hoping to get everything set up online.

Can I just get any Free AT&T phone, and put that SIM Card in my Treo Pro when I receive it, or do I need to purchase a PDA to have a PDA SIM Card?

Sorry for the simple questions, but I have with Verizon for 10 years.
    Not sure about the iPhone.

As far as the Pro,
    Yes you can just get any Free AT&T phone, and put that SIM Card in your Treo Pro.
    In fact that would prolly be the better route.
    If you tell Att that you're going to put the Sim in your Pro, they may try to sell you a Data plan.

But then again, you may want a data plan.

<edit> you don't need a special sim to get data, it's a service they can add to your plan, like txt msgs.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 10/30/2008 at 12:34 PM. Reason: data sim
    Just call me Berd.
    I second berdinkerdinkle, go for the free phone. Then tell them you want media net/whatever the data plan is called, and get that, then buy the treo pro. Cheaper internet, and you get a backup dumbphone!
    Quote Originally Posted by questionfear View Post
    I second berdinkerdinkle, go for the free phone. Then tell them you want media net/whatever the data plan is called, and get that, then buy the treo pro. Cheaper internet, and you get a backup dumbphone!
    True, but one of the biggest benefits of paying the big bucks to get the Treo Pro unlocked is that you can activate it without signing a 2-year contract with AT&T. The website lists everywhere that you need a 2-year agreement but if you talk to everyone in the stores they will confirm that if you buy the equipment outright you do not need a contract. I will be switching over tomorrow.
    Yea, I should have mentioned that.

HurleyJW, you don't need to sign up with a Contract. Unless you want the Free phone.
    The only benefit to signing a contract is the discount you can get on cool phones.