1.    #1  
    Greetings folks.

I'm a long time Verizon customer and still using a Treo 650.

I'm interested in upgrading to an 800W and see that if I do so, I'd have to switch to Sprint.

I hear different things about Sprint in Connecticut ranging from chatter about dropped calls and poor signals to great signals and no dropped calls. I am also told that if there's no Sprint signal, then the phone will just use the Verizon network.

So, I'm interested in firsthand experiences with Sprint in Connecticut, preferably on the 800W.

It'd be helpful to know about the signal throughout the State and also throughout the Northeast.

Many thanks for your thoughts and experiences.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelp68 View Post
    Greetings folks.

I'm a long time Verizon customer and still using a Treo 650.

I'm interested in upgrading to an 800W and see that if I do so, I'd have to switch to Sprint.

I hear different things about Sprint in Connecticut ranging from chatter about dropped calls and poor signals to great signals and no dropped calls. I am also told that if there's no Sprint signal, then the phone will just use the Verizon network.

So, I'm interested in firsthand experiences with Sprint in Connecticut, preferably on the 800W.

It'd be helpful to know about the signal throughout the State and also throughout the Northeast.

Many thanks for your thoughts and experiences.
    Hi,

I have an 800w in CT (Live in Cheshire, work in Plainville, travel all over at times). I love the phone and find coverage to be terrific. I can count on one hand the times I've been without EVDO coverage - and I've been on Sprint for about 7 years. The only times I've had issues were when I worked in the Washington / Bridgewater area, and at that time virtually no cell coverage was available there.

When I've traveled northward toward New Hampshire, and southward to Virginia, I've been almost universally problem-free. I know that others have complained about the need for a Sprint signal to use the GPS, but its' never been an issue for me.

I'm can recommend it without any reservation whatsoever.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    ^^ I agree with Bujin. Great service up here where I am at (Storrs/Mansfield Area and down by I-95 near New Haven) I get great service. I havent had any problems in those areas at all. If I don't have signal, the phone goes and roams which is fine by me since I've got roaming included.

If your looking at it go for it! I believe the whole state of CT is covered by EVDO, unlike my homestate!

Edit:
    Also I've been over by the Mohegan/Foxwoods area and if I can recall... I did not have any problems over there either.
    Don't take anyone's word for it. Walk into the Sprint store and ask for a loaner phone.

My grandparents live on a hill (well we call it a hill, most folks back easy would consider it a mountain ) where reception is very spotty. They went to all of the major carriers (Sprint, Verizon, AT&T) and most of the local ones. All of them were perfectly willing to hand them a loaner phone to try.

They ended up going with Sprint, but were very happy that they could try it before they locked themselves into a contract.