1.    #1  
    Please treocentral help me make up my mind between my beloved Treo 800 and the HTC Touch pro. I currently have both and would like to stay with my Treo. The only real problem i have is the volume with a wired headset when listening to music. Is there a current fix to bring that volume level up; it plays at about half the volume of any other smartphone I have ever used. The touch pro is great but I swear by the form factor of the Treo line. Chime in please.
    I can hear music coming from my headset across the room. Have you a) made sure your volume is up all the way, and b) done the volume hack?
    I would pick the one with the least issues and sell or return the other one. From what I've been reading at SU the Pro is pretty buggy right now.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Return both and get the Treo Pro which is coming to Sprint.
    Sell me the 800w for $100 and get the Touch Pro. Seriously, no matter what you get, there will be somethings you like and some you dislike. I have the Sammy i760 and love it. Some here hate it. Different strokes for different phone buyers.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I'm actually thinking of ditching my 800w for a Touch Pro as well.

Cristobal - What do you like/dislike about the Touch Pro vs the 800w?

Aximtreo - Want to buy mine? :-)
    I would advise to simply choose the form factor that you like. If you think the larger screen is more important than any inconvenience caused by having a slider, then the Touch Pro is for you. If having a physical keyboard isn't a priority for you, then you may want to go with the Diamond. If you really like the front-facing kb, then you may want to hold onto the 800w.

It's all about matching the features with your needs - not about which phone is "better". We tend to get a bit competitive on the forum.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beknatok View Post
    I'm actually thinking of ditching my 800w for a Touch Pro as well.

Cristobal - What do you like/dislike about the Touch Pro vs the 800w?

Aximtreo - Want to buy mine? :-)
    I hate the fact that the touch pro is two handed vs the treo one handed. I also didn't like that even though the pro has vga resolution all the fonts were very tiny.
  9.    #9  
    I think everybody is misreading my post. I have both units in hand but have to get rid of one. Only issue with the treo is the headphone volume.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cristobal View Post
    I hate the fact that the touch pro is two handed vs the treo one handed. I also didn't like that even though the pro has vga resolution all the fonts were very tiny.
    Funny that, I prefer smaller fonts to maximize my real estate.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I'm in the same boat. I just got the Touch Pro last night and while it's a great phone I feel like going back to my Treo 800W. For example, when trying to view all my emails, the simplicity of the Treo and how quickly I can browse all my email accounts is day and night when it comes to doing it on the Touch Pro. I ended up removing the Touch Flo interface and at least now I have a similar today screen like I have on my Treo. I still don't like the directional pad. It doesn't feel natural the way you have to click outside of the circle but I'm starting to get used to it. I one thing that I do wish they had somewhere either on the keyboard or on on the d-button area is an "Ok" key. I'm sure I can remap some buttons to fix that issue though. Also, I wish the slider would open the screen to the left and not the right. When I'm holding the phone with my right hand it feels natural to try to slide it open with my thumb but I can't because it slides the other way. Now about what I do like. The screen is absolutely gorgeous. I love the JETCET PRINT 5 program which allows you to print to a networked printer. The World Card Program which takes a picture of a business card and converts it all the fields into a contact is an amazing thing to use. The You Tube application works great and with no lag what so ever. The Treo 800w god bless its no nonsense;all about business;lets get things done right now form factor is really hard to give up. I'm just as torn as you are. I might actually be selling this HTC Pro soon if I can't get used to the form factor. Hopefully I can get similar programs for the Treo which come with the Touch Pro.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Commo View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I just got the Touch Pro last night and while it's a great phone I feel like going back to my Treo 800W. For example, when trying to view all my emails, the simplicity of the Treo and how quickly I can browse all my email accounts is day and night when it comes to doing it on the Touch Pro. I ended up removing the Touch Flo interface and at least now I have a similar today screen like I have on my Treo. I still don't like the directional pad. It doesn't feel natural the way you have to click outside of the circle but I'm starting to get used to it. I one thing that I do wish they had somewhere either on the keyboard or on on the d-button area is an "Ok" key. I'm sure I can remap some buttons to fix that issue though. Also, I wish the slider would open the screen to the left and not the right. When I'm holding the phone with my right hand it feels natural to try to slide it open with my thumb but I can't because it slides the other way. Now about what I do like. The screen is absolutely gorgeous. I love the JETCET PRINT 5 program which allows you to print to a networked printer. The World Card Program which takes a picture of a business card and converts it all the fields into a contact is an amazing thing to use. The You Tube application works great and with no lag what so ever. The Treo 800w god bless its no nonsense;all about business;lets get things done right now form factor is really hard to give up. I'm just as torn as you are. I might actually be selling this HTC Pro soon if I can't get used to the form factor. Hopefully I can get similar programs for the Treo which come with the Touch Pro.
    Exactly, simplicity is the key for me as well. Having to open the keboard a lot is starting to annoy me and forget about the directional pad on the touch pro it blows. Let me add that the keyboard on the touch pro isn't quite as good either. Have you tried typing in the dark? Its hard to aim for the keys as they seem like they are all stuck together. Well some guy is offering me 600 for the touch pro so its gone by tomorrow. I got the treo as a replacement for a Samsung Ace that was fualty. And to think I only paid 75 bucks for the darn thing on craigslist. So I think I am going to stick with the Treo 800. Funny how I keep coming back to the Treo.
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I think everybody is misreading my post. I have both units in hand but have to get rid of one. Only issue with the treo is the headphone volume.
    There is a volume hack, search for it here on TC, ditch the Touch Pro.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    There is a volume hack, search for it here on TC, ditch the Touch Pro.
    Please provide a link. I've searched for it.
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Please provide a link.
    Sorry, I don't have the time, and I don't need it. Trust me, it is here. Search for "Registry+Volume+Hack".