Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I keep my 800w in my pocket with no case. At first I tried Treo KeyGuard, but that doesn't actually stop you from pushing buttons and starting applications. I wish it worked the way it is supposed to work, but it doesn't

I tried Slide 2 Unlock Pro, which works ok. However, there are some small issues, such as registering touchscreen presses while the screen is off.

I tried Slide 2 Unlock 2, which is very buggy. It caused my phone to freeze too much, so I had to uninstall it.

Is there a reliable locking application? Basically, I want to be able to carry my phone in my back pocket without having it go crazy when I sit down.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Odd. Keyguard works wonderfully for me since the 700wx. You have to set it to activate on suspend rather than after a delay. I have noticed sometimes you can get one keypress in before it activates (I can bring up the start menu, for example). But nothing more than that. Can you let us know a repeatable sequence that fails keyguard? I don't want to have too much faith in it if it's that easy to circumvent.
    Yeah, it works for me too. I've used S2U2 on another device, its very nice but just adds bloat, and therefore bugs. I like to keep it simple on WM, the less crap, the less "issues"
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I can manage to hit start, calendar, and mail before Treo KeyGuard stops me. I just don't think that's what it's supposed to do. I don't trust it. I decided to just use the PIN/password lock for now.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I can hit those as well. It launches the apps and then stops cold. At least it prevents pocket dialing, and I typically have outlook, calendar, and IE or Opera open anyway in the background. So I can't say it bothers me. It's the most trustworthy of all the locks I've tried.

And I do think it's ridiculous that there isn't a proper keyguard built into WM that operates at a very low level, or even a hardware switch like Sony and Apple often put on their devices (i.e. the "hold" key).