1. arc
    This is driving me mad. I am trying to update the mobile software to 1.24 on my 700wx, and Active synch (AS) is not recognizing the phone. I have tried 3different computers at work 2xp, and 1 vista (windows mobile not AS on vista). Installing software first before plugging in, using the VZ wirelss old version 4.2 of AS, AS 4.5.......

The only thing I can think of is that you need to have the power cord pluged into the synch cable (power cord is at home). No where in the manual does it say you need to have the power cord plugged in.

Can someone tell me if I need the power cord? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arc View Post
    This is driving me mad. I am trying to update the mobile software to 1.24 on my 700wx, and Active synch (AS) is not recognizing the phone. I have tried 3different computers at work 2xp, and 1 vista (windows mobile not AS on vista). Installing software first before plugging in, using the VZ wirelss old version 4.2 of AS, AS 4.5.......

The only thing I can think of is that you need to have the power cord pluged into the synch cable (power cord is at home). No where in the manual does it say you need to have the power cord plugged in.

Can someone tell me if I need the power cord? Thanks in advance.
    Read the website instructions...

-------------------------
    System Requirements
    Palm Treo 700wx smartphone for Verizon Wireless.
    This software will not work on any other Windows Mobile devices.
    Windows 2000 SP4, Windows XP SP2, or Windows Vista.
    Internet Explorer version 6 or higher on desktop PC.
    Minimum screen resolution of 800x600 on desktop PC.
    Smartphone must be connected to power adapter and the sync cable throughout the update.
    ActiveSync 4.5 (You must install ActiveSync 4.5 before running the installation) or Windows Mobile Device Centre (Windows Vista).
    To check your version of ActiveSync please follow these steps:

On your desktop PC right-click the ActiveSync icon in the Windows system tray.
    Select "Open Microsoft ActiveSync".
    The Microsoft ActiveSync window will open.
    --------------------------------

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...6/verizon.html

-Frank
  3. arc
    Thanks and I read that, but that is for the upgrade for windows mobile.

Is it required or not for ActiveSynch in general?