1. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Anyone know how to erase your calendar without doing a hard reset? I just got canned (well, quit 5 seconds before they canned me) and I want to erase my calendar without doing a hard reset and losing everything else. Anyone know an easy way to do it? Thanks.
    If you're syncing with a PC, select all of your PC "active appointments", "recurring appointments", and anything else in the appointments, then sync.
  3. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I didn't quite follow that... My ultimate plan is to use goosync but I need to clear off all my old junk that's not my problem... If what you're saying will work can you explain it a little better, you lost me. Thanks.
    I have a somewhat related question - that's why am asking here. On Palm OS, there is the ability to do a purge of the calandar through a certain date. So, for example, I could delete all appointments older than 2 years.

Is there a way to do that in WM? Or in Outlook? I haven't found it if there is.
  5. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Well, I solved my problem... Turns out if you delete the exchange sync, it clears everything you were currently syncing. I just turned off the sync of contacts and deleteing the partnership and the calendar went bye bye while the contacts stayed.

Very nice.
    Dougef, in ActiveSync/Tools/Options/Calendar/Settings, change to the sync period you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    Dougef, in ActiveSync/Tools/Options/Calendar/Settings, change to the sync period you want.
    OK. I will take a look at that. But still, if I have say 5 years of appointments in both places (Outlook and Treo) how do I remove 2 years of appointments, other than item by item? Will your suggestion help with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by dougef View Post
    OK. I will take a look at that. But still, if I have say 5 years of appointments in both places (Outlook and Treo) how do I remove 2 years of appointments, other than item by item? Will your suggestion help with that?
    Bump - can anyone help me here?
    dougef -
    In Outlook, go to View -> Arrange By -> select Date. Then go back and do View -> Arrange By -> Current View -> select By Category. This should give you a list of your calendar entries (except maybe recurring appointments). Select the ones you want to delete and Delete them. Then do View -> Arrange By -> Current View -> select Recurring Appointments. Select and delete the ones you want. Then sync.

Can't guarantee this will get all of them, but it should get most.

Hope this helps.
    Sharp Zaurus 5700/5800 > Rex 5000/6000 > HP Jornada 568 > Kyo 7135 > T-Mo MDA (Wizard) > iPaq 6945 > Treo 800w > Acer F900 > T-Mo HD2
    Quote Originally Posted by pjhollin View Post
    dougef -
    In Outlook, go to View -> Arrange By -> select Date. Then go back and do View -> Arrange By -> Current View -> select By Category. This should give you a list of your calendar entries (except maybe recurring appointments). Select the ones you want to delete and Delete them. Then do View -> Arrange By -> Current View -> select Recurring Appointments. Select and delete the ones you want. Then sync.

Can't guarantee this will get all of them, but it should get most.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks - I will try it.