1.    #1  
    Has anyone got the Garmin Mobile XT to work on the Treo 800
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    To answer your question, yes. It took some tinkering to get the program installed (it would help if I got a legit version ), but nonetheless, it works.

My only two gripes are:
    1.) Battery Life - This is due to the GPS being used.
    Note: I keep GPS turned off (911 only) when I am not using Garmin to save battery life.

2.) Miss Garmin (my nickname for the included voice, female only btw) does not announce street names! I miss this feature from the less-than-legal version of TeleNav I had on my Muziq and a900m.

All in all, XT is a really handy program to have. If you buy it from Garmin, you will receive a microSD card with the program and maps loaded on it. Otherwise, you will have to load the maps yourself. Make sure to get a big memory card if you go this route -- I have the Ohio and Pennsylvania maps loaded which takes up roughly ~65 mb.

I haven't tried TomTom or Sprint Navigation (rebranded TeleNav) on my Treo, so I can't comment on either of those. If Sprint Nav is anything like the J2ME version for dumbphones, I would say use that if you don't mind paying the $10 per month or $2 per day (some of the newer Everything plans have this included already). Good luck!
    Moderators: Can this thread please be merged with this other one?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=173301

The same person started 2 threads asking the exact same question and they both have the exact same subject heading.

Possibly a mistaken double post or something, but they need to be combined.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdwebie09 View Post
    2.) Miss Garmin (my nickname for the included voice, female only btw) does not announce street names! I miss this feature from the less-than-legal version of TeleNav I had on my Muziq and a900m.
    Street names work fine for me. There is only one voice that will give you street names and that's the United States English.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Hmm...everything I've read elsewhere is that XT does NOT support text-to-speech.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Street names work fine for me. There is only one voice that will give you street names and that's the United States English.
    I have it set to US English and it doesn't announce street names.
    I use the latest version Garmin as well, in English and I donot hear the street names. The street names are displayed on the screen. All I would hear is something like "Turn left in 500 feet" not "Turn left on Main Street".
    My mistake. I was confusing it with my other Garmin GPS which only gives me street names using the US english voice.

My appologies
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011