1.    #1  
    I upgraded my Verizon Treo 700wx to win mobile 6. All has been great, with one exception. I can no longer use Verizon access manager to use my Treo as a modem for my laptop over bluetooth. I've removed the Treo as a device and re-paired it. However, it gives me a access is denied bluetooth error when I try to activate DUN. I double-click the Treo under Devices on my XP Pro laptop and select services. It connects over bluetooth (I see the bluetooth icon change to white on my Treo) and then it shows dial-up networking as unchecked. When I check it and click Apply or OK, a pop-up says bluetooth
    error, access is denied. Any ideas?

Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by paulg View Post
    I upgraded my Verizon Treo 700wx to win mobile 6. All has been great, with one exception. I can no longer use Verizon access manager to use my Treo as a modem for my laptop over bluetooth. I've removed the Treo as a device and re-paired it. However, it gives me a access is denied bluetooth error when I try to activate DUN. I double-click the Treo under Devices on my XP Pro laptop and select services. It connects over bluetooth (I see the bluetooth icon change to white on my Treo) and then it shows dial-up networking as unchecked. When I check it and click Apply or OK, a pop-up says bluetooth
    error, access is denied. Any ideas?

Paul
    Well, not sure by your description what is wrong. But I can tell you that BT dialup works fine for me after upgrading to WM6 on VZW (official) with my Vista Laptop. I did have to remove the pairing in the Treo as well as the in the Laptop Bluetooth, and then run WMDC again to add the Treo as a device under Vista. Then I paired the Treo and Laptop and accepted all the defaults. All of them. I saw "serial port" unchecked on the Treo screen but just hit [finish] anyway, and it works fine (uses serial port 40).

Also, make sure your dialup networking in Windows shows #777 as the telephone number to dial (assuming you're on VZW).

I am paying the $60/mo tethering charge if that makes any difference.

-Frank