Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Doesn't matter because both made my phone crazy. When a call came in and I hit Answer it would hang for awhile before I could hear anything. I deleted the program but all the settings remained. I had to hard reset. My phone refuses any 3rd party app I install except Memmaid and WeatherPanel.

(Like the name of the smiley, your situation leaves me very confused.)
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post

(Like the name of the smiley, your situation leaves me very confused.)
    Me too, check out my Caller ID thread for more confusion.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    By the way, this site has a copy of Schaps' Advanced Configuration Tools v3.0 and no sign ups are required.
    That program changes too many phone options. I had issues with answering an incoming call. When I press answer I would say Hello but could not hear anything. After about 10 seconds I would hear a click then heard the other person. After deleting the program all the settings the program changed still stuck. I had to hard reset the device.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    That program changes too many phone options. I had issues with answering an incoming call. When I press answer I would say Hello but could not hear anything. After about 10 seconds I would hear a click then heard the other person. After deleting the program all the settings the program changed still stuck. I had to hard reset the device.
    Well yea we know, you mentioned that earlier.

But all the rest of us using it are unable to figure out why you have all these issues we never see.

Are you getting your Treo 800w's from somebody that possibly does not like you ?
    I guess this a joke on me. Three devices with wacky bugs.

Seriously, at this point I'm thinking something like one of the following is the source of your problems:
    • Somebody you get Treo 800w's from hates your guts
    • You are around some sort of odd chemical or something that breaks Treo 800w's
    • Somebody in your house hates the Treo 800w and breaks all of yours behind your back

I mean that's about all I can think of that would explain how you've ended up with duds so many times over.

I'm at a loss, it makes me think of "outside the box" sources of your problems .
    I guess this a joke on me. Three devices with wacky bugs.
    As my mamma always said: "If you got a problem with everybody, maybe the problem is with you."

Three devices being defective is *SO* incredibly unlikely that I think we can pretty safely say that they aren't.

There's something that you're doing to break your phones, and as I've said at least a dozen times now it's probably your exchange server corrupting your databases.

You ever going to test that, or would you rather have a buggy device and complain about it rather than a device that works?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Three devices being defective is *SO* incredibly unlikely that I think we can pretty safely say that they aren't.
    I would say that is often the case, but on the 8oow handset there are certainly conditions where this culd have occured.

For example on my first 800w there was a USB charging issue. I retunred it. What was strange was I looked it up here and one of our resident experts dismissed it unreported. the second unit had the same problem but luckily that very day Palm came out with a fix for this for this exact issue. From the fix it is clear the problem was widespread and repeated enough to have affected quite a few users, and therefore it is entirely conceivable to have affected some individual users on first and then replacement devices.
    All my devices were purchased directly from Sprint brand new. I do not buy used or refurbished phones. Maybe it is Sprint who is messing with me.

Today the phone has been about perfect. I haven't had one issue. Caller ID's have come in correctly, battery has been way above par, no missed calls or texts. If it were like this everyday I'd be a happy camper.

My Exchange account is with 1and1.com and has been perfect for 2 years now. At $5 a month I can't complain. Right now I'm not messing with anything. She is running good.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I have about as many apps as NRG and mine is very stable. I could use a little better battery life, but I have learned to live with it. I keep a charger on my desk at work and in my truck. I get over 200 emails a day using push Exchange and make/receive around 25-35 calls. So, I can't really blame the 800w.
    I too have a list about the size of NRG, and I have no stability issues. I do have the volume bug with bluetooth, where it loses its setting each call, causing the user to manually readjust. Other than that, this thing is stellar.
    I'm a little lost. If you have Sprint, they only carry the Treo 800. They do not have the Treo Pro.

Do other carriers have the Treo 800W?

I was so pissed. I wanted the Treo Pro but Sprint does not carry it.

I have a Treo 700P. Was thinking about upgrading to the Centro for only $69. But then decided on the possibility of the 800W.

What do you guys think?????????????

I'm a bit behind!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post
    I'm a little lost. If you have Sprint, they only carry the Treo 800. They do not have the Treo Pro.

I have a Treo 700P. Was thinking about upgrading to the Centro for only $69. But then decided on the possibility of the 800W.

Well, there is more and more evidence that the Treo Pro will be carried by Sprint, perhaps soon. Personally, I had the 700p, then the 755p, and now have the 800w. I think the upgrade is well worth it: you wouldn't sacrifice keyboard size as you would if you went to the Centro, and you'd have the advantage of EVDO RevA, which is noticeably faster.

However, if you really like the idea of the Treo Pro, you may want to wait a month or so, and see if the Pro either comes out, or if a solid release date is offered.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Anybody wanting the Treo Pro should read this.

I don't think anybody who really wants the Treo Pro should get the 800w. No sense in getting the 800w, then feeling disappointed once Sprint announces release of the Treo Pro. Some of us prefer the 800w, myself included, but I'm not going to encourage anybody who would rather have the Treo Pro to get the 800w using Sprint now.

I figure either Sprint will announce the Treo Pro by around the start of December for Christmas sales, or early next year.

I don't feel Sprint puts a device name in a drop down list box on their site by accident. The DSL reports find was speculative, but that plus what was found on Sprint's site pretty much proves Sprint has a Treo Pro coming soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Well, there is more and more evidence that the Treo Pro will be carried by Sprint, perhaps soon. Personally, I had the 700p, then the 755p, and now have the 800w. I think the upgrade is well worth it: you wouldn't sacrifice keyboard size as you would if you went to the Centro, and you'd have the advantage of EVDO RevA, which is noticeably faster.

However, if you really like the idea of the Treo Pro, you may want to wait a month or so, and see if the Pro either comes out, or if a solid release date is offered.
    I agree. I would add that anyone who can wait should.

I do think the 800w is a good device. I think there are quality control issues, some unfixed bugs, and certainly a missing advertised feature.

But given that the there are now multiple types of indications that we will see the Treo Pro on CDMA sooner rather than later, and that a number of issues maybe fixed in the Pro (low battery capacity, Standalone GPS), it would be best to wait.

I intend to swap out for the pro as soon as it comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post

I'm a bit behind!
    Due the the GPS capabilities, and the way nicer keyboard, I like the 800w better. However, I still have my Centro and for a Palm OS device, it is more stable than my prior 700p ever was, quicker, and much better sound quality. So the Centro is a good device, I just prefer having the GPS options built in.
    Like I said before... Schapp's can REALLY mess up your phone, I only suggested one change, sounds like someone went nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky View Post
    Like I said before... Schapp's can REALLY mess up your phone, I only suggested one change, sounds like someone went nuts.
    I only made one change and it still caused my phone to freak out. I'd suggest NOT installing it.

I've mentioned before I've had to do way more soft resets after installing various "unknown" packages on my Treo 800w. I was not sure what was causing issues. But a few days ago, I started having problems that were so bad I did an RTN Reset. After the reset, I was trying to restore backups and having problems doing so, I tried restoring more than one since I backup daily, but still could not get a full restore without parts of the restores failing. The restores were failing when trying to restoring SYSTEM information. I've NEVER had a problem restoring a backup. So I did another RTN Reset, input my account information manually and installed the following with no problems:
    • Kinoma Play
    • Palm BT Voice update
    • Palm USB charging update

With that I was able to use the device with no issues at all. Before adding the Palm updates, I had gone for over a day with just Kinoma Play and things working great. The device was more responsive than I had seen in a long time.

Then I installed .Net Framework 3.5. Suddenly, the device was running slower. It was noticeable, that the .Net Framework degraded performance, but things were still running without fail. But I only installed the .Net Framework, so I could install Schapp's Advanced Config and so next I installed Schapp's Advanced Config v3.2. I changed a few settings in Advanced Config, to see how the device would run for a day. The device was still running slower than before and suddenly I was having issues with it totally locking up again. I was again having to pull the battery and such .

So I did another RTN Reset today, restored the backup I made BEFORE installing the .Net Framework 3.5 and Schapp's Advanced Config v3.2. And all is going well again.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Then I installed .Net Framework 3.5. Suddenly, the device was running slower. It was noticeable, that the .Net Framework degraded performance, but things were still running without fail.
    It's for this exact reason that I avoid the .NET Framework's.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast