1.    #1  
    Sorry if this question has been asked before. I am thinking about buying a small netbook and I want to know if you can set up the 800w to tether a laptop wirelessly through the bluetooth.

Would be nice to get internet access on the notebook without having to plug the sync cable to the Treo.

I used to use PDA Net with my 700 through a sync cable. But I heard the 800w can tether natively with Vista.
    The answer to your question is, Yes you can. The 800w has a program called Internet Sharing. It does BT tethering. The problem is that Sprint wants you to pay for their PAM (Phone As Modem) plan. There is a simple registry edit that will allow it to work without adding PAM to your plan.

You can also buy PDA net to use on the 800w but all it does is make the same registry edit that you can do yourself.

Hope it helps
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Yes you can tether over BT. I recently bought the MSI Wind, and it has the BT built in, and its so nice to be able to use it to connect to the internet when I'm not near wifi. The Wind is actually a really nice little machine for the money. There is a registry hack you can use (FREE), or there are several other programs to use to get the same function that you have to pay for. Hope that helps.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    WMWifiRouter is probably the best piece of software I have purchased in quite some time.

It does so many things.
  5.    #5  
    Wow I tried this and man it is SLOOOOOOW. I get like 350k download in speedtest and like 7k upload. Yes only 7.
  6.    #6  
    How are you guys able to tether without using PDAnet? Everytime I try running the ICS sharing program it tries to dial #777 and then it just says the remote side ended the call. I already renamed the Extension to Extension2 in the registry and rebooted.
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DjPiLL View Post
    Wow I tried this and man it is SLOOOOOOW. I get like 350k download in speedtest and like 7k upload. Yes only 7.
    Was this directed at me?
  8.    #8  
    I tried WMWIFIROUTER and that's a cool program. But after I installed it I started having all kinds of connectivity issues with the phone when trying to dial #777 to do stuff like activesync. Had to hard reset.

Going to try installing the trial again today, this time without any other previous junk I had installed. We'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by DjPiLL View Post
    How are you guys able to tether without using PDAnet? Everytime I try running the ICS sharing program it tries to dial #777 and then it just says the remote side ended the call. I already renamed the Extension to Extension2 in the registry and rebooted.
    Did you wait 5 minute before resetting? If not the registry edit probably did not take. Go back in there and look at it and I bet it just says Extension. Change it to Extension 2 and wait a full 5 minutes before rebooting and you will be able to tether using BT or USB.

No need to waste any money on PDAnet of WiFiRouter.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  10.    #10  
    The problem is I am on a crappy mac and I can't get the damm Mac to tether with the 800w over bluetooth. Every time I try to set it up and click connect on the Mac I get a "Bluetooth serial failure has occurred" "failed to open an RFCOMM serial channel".

Does anyone have a Mac and was able to get this working with BT without 3rd party software?