1.    #1  
    my treo pro loses its signal completely randomely sometimes.
    it will sitting on my desk and i wont be going out of service area but my gsm and 3g signal get lost completely and i cant make a call, text...

this is very strange and im assuming its a bug unless here in nyc, the att towers are shutting down for a mintue every once in a while which wouldnt make any sense.
  2. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    No problem with mine since Thursday.
    I've had a couple problems when I drive the back way home from work. Twice when I lost a signal, it wouldn't come back. I keep meaning to take my 750 home the back way to see if it's something temporary with att.
    A few dropped calls lately (ATT) but no lost signal that I have noticed.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  5.    #5  
    its really weird and random. it will just drop the signal completely at random times during the day. i wonder what is causing this to do it.
    i have to say the treo pro is pretty buggy, this combined with the bluetooth call waiting problem are major issues.
    dont get me wrong, i love the treo pro but i wish it was less buggy.
    you might check with cortez,
    I think I read he had radio probs with 4 Pro's.
    I'd check what exactly were his issues.
    4 Pro's? all had radio issues? wow.
    Here' the post from the 'who's sending theirs back' thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by cortez.i View Post
    i returned mine because all 4-radios died and Palm would not send me a replacement without me returning the device first. i later discovered that Palm wanted to make sure the issue was not caused by water damage. ...clip...
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 10/28/2008 at 11:44 AM.
    I had this happen after it would drops calls with BT, It would start searching for a signal again. Turning BT off fixed it for me
    Losing signal all the time now! Also, my phone switches between the typical E speed to G now. (No 3G here) Didn't know ATT had just the typical G speed. Learn something new everyday.
    Gotta love technology... you blink and everything changes.
    Ihave had great coverage and very few dropped calls or no signal
    Nope. no probs here (T-mobile Netherlands).
    the only connex probs I have, is that 3G sometimes fails when travelling by train. The internet connection remains open, but no data passes thru. After a few mins, every thing goes back to normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    Ihave had great coverage and very few dropped calls or no signal
    Those who are having issues, may I ask, are you with 3G 850mhz or 1900mhz?
    Or are you out of 3G (Edge Only) most of the time?

The reason I ask, is my 750 was fantastic with reception, but I'm with Edge most of the time, and when I'm on 3G it's 1900mhz.

The Blue Tick award, or whatever it's called was given because of how well the Pro performed with 3G (UTMS) on the 850 Band.

I have seen a few posts in these forums praising the Pro for it's Reception with 3G and some have said they are on 3G 850 Band.

There is one area at the far south-west side of Oregon City that is now on the 850 Band of 3G (4381) There I get better Reception on 3G than on my 750.

So I'm thinking that the Pro might have been designed to excel on the 850 Band of 3G.
    Just call me Berd.
    For USA Att, there's more info here:
    http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=366

3G at the 850 Band is supposed to be superior to the 1900.
    (at least that's from what I've read)

If you are interested in finding out what Band you are on, download the Fieldtest app from here:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...e=Hermes_Utils

You don't need to install it, just put it on your SD Card.
    Browse to it, select it, click group, then WCDMA, notice the number by ServingUARFCN.

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...40&postcount=4

Now you can know if you are on the highly desired 850 Band , or still stuck with Att's old 1900 Band.

Most of OC is Still 637 = 1900mhz
    Over at the SW corner it's 4381 = 850

<edit> it's my understanding that Att is slowly upgrading their towers to 850mhz
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 10/28/2008 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Att Upgrading towers
    Just call me Berd.
  14. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    I made a shortcut of the "Fieldtest.exe" that is in the Windows folder and put it in my Startup Folder.

Both that one and the one from XDA Developers the number by ServingUARFCN is zero.

Umm what am I doing wrong?

PS: I am on 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    I made a shortcut of the "Fieldtest.exe" that is in the Windows folder and put it in my Startup Folder.

Both that one and the one from XDA Developers the number by ServingUARFCN is zero.

Umm what am I doing wrong?

PS: I am on 3G
    Sometimes you have to wait, just leave it there and it should eventually grab the tower and give you the reading.

The ServingAGC is the RF the lower the number the better signal you're grabbing.
    -80 is better than -90
    With 3 bars I have -81

This Fieldtest is a True reading of what your phone is actually getting. different phones will represent bars differently. Maybe moto might call -81 = 4 bars, so when people say they are getting more bars with one phone over the other it may not be necessarily a better phone.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 10/28/2008 at 03:55 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
  16. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Sometimes you have to wait, just leave it there and it should eventually grab the tower and give you the reading.

The ServingAGC is the RF the lower the number the better signal you're grabbing.
    -80 is better than -90
    With 3 bars I have -81

This Fieldtest is a True reading of what your phone is actually getting. different phones will represent bars differently. Maybe moto might call -81 = 4 bars, so when people say they are getting more bars with one phone over the other it may not be necessarily a better phone.
    Thanks, it took a very long time but I got it, 4419. So I am on 850 3G. Interesting I always thought our area was 1900 3G.

As for the signal, it varies between -74 to -79.

Thanks much
    And you are not having any issues with losing reception, right?
  18. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    And you are not having any issues with losing reception, right?
    Right, absolutely no issues.
    I left the Treo on the charger this morning. When I got up I noticed the phone's radio had switched off by itself! I had to go to the Comm manager and turn on the cellular radio. It happened again spontaneously at work.
    Very strange!
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News