Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I uninstalled it this morning...the alarm didn't go off again - hadda soft reset to wake it up, and that was with all settings on "Off."

Oh well.
    so it does or it doesn't work? Is it just hella buggy?
    So buggy I'd put it in the "doesn't work" category for now.
  4.    #24  
    With the caller ID function off I'm not seeing any issues. Operates just like it did on my 700wx.

As for the alarm, you'll actually want the "Don't Suspend Power" option ON, not off. This should prevent S2U2 from killing your device and allow the alarm to bring it back.
    I've been using it for a few days now and no bugs at all. I have not tried s2answer yet...
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOrion View Post
    With the caller ID function off I'm not seeing any issues. Operates just like it did on my 700wx.

As for the alarm, you'll actually want the "Don't Suspend Power" option ON, not off. This should prevent S2U2 from killing your device and allow the alarm to bring it back.
    These are the steps I took as well and so far so good. No issues since I dissabled Caller ID. Im sure the next version will have the fixes. Im sure most can agree Key Guard is not a popular option and I need a better "key guard/screen display guard" app. SU2U ver1.33 is solid enough if you want a decent unlocker. I have had no major issues and nothing a soft recent cant fix. I would say its 80 % solid, hopes this helps the undecided.
    Wow this is cool! I've been waiting for this, and I will still wait until some of these quirks get fixed. Good to know that its almost working for the 800
  8.    #28  
    if you're experiencing problems, please post them in this thread - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...12418&page=310

AC is pretty good about fixing bugs, and since this is the first version to work on the 800, it's not suprising to have a few. Very few 800w users reporting their experiences to him.
    S2U2 1.35 is out.

the first thing you will have to do is edit the registry key \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\A_C\S2U2\DisplayMode to a value of 2

I have not been able to get the caller ID to work correctly yet.

the call disconnect after the time out looks like it has been corrected.

(12 November 2008) S2U2 v1.35 - freeware

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

Same problem as before. Call comes in s2u2 times out call goes to lala land.

Although S2U2 is now reached v1.35, it doesn't mean it can run perfectly on your device. Thanks to different devices produced by different vendors. So, please test it before use it everyday, especially the CallerID function.

What is S2U2?
    S2U2 (Slide2Unlock2) is a simple lock/unlock application which has the iPhone style slide unlocking. It can be used as a screensaver while you don't use your device. And it's has a CallerID function (but some devices may not work, so please try it first); S2P control plugin; and volume control.

Prerequisition:
    - WM5 Phone or WM6/6.1 Professional devices
    - free RAM: at least 1M for QVGA; 4M for VGA

Changes of v1.35
    - fixed the problem when start-up on Landscape mode on some devices.
    - fixed the problem when changing orientation on some devices.
    - fixed the occasional problem that the device is not locked when power off.
    - improved the compatibility of DirectDraw.
    - a few minor bugs fixed.

Changes of v1.33
    - added option to automatically close S2P when the headphone (either Bluetooth or wired) is disconnected.
    - added optional nopic.png to differentiate no pic caller & unknown caller (unknown.png).
    - fixed the display displacement problem on Smartphone & WVGA devices.
    - fixed the problem when the lang.ini was too big, some translation phases would be omitted.

Changes of v1.32
    - fixed the issue of Manila 3D Weather.
    (if it still not works, in the Weather tab, try to add one more city & update;
    if the weather shows in wrong unit, try to change the unit setting in the Weather tab & then change it back;
    if still no info shown or shows wrong info, pls read here)
    - fixed a few weather display problem.
    - when CallerID is set to full-screen, unknown.png will be displayed as its own size.

Changes of v1.30
    - added a new display mode - GDI (removed DirectDraw registry key). If your device has problem (e.g. no display) with RawBuffer or DirectDraw, try this. But on some old devices or VGA devices, it may be very slow.
    - added optional "Slide to End" ("CallerID" & "Slide to Answer" must be enabled first).

- added weather support to Manila 2D & 3D.
    - added option to delay "Blank screen on Talk".
    - added option to unlock when external power is connected.
    - added option to automatically run S2P when the headphone (either Bluetooth or wired) is connected.
    - added option to unlock when the stylus is pulled out.
    - added option to lock when the stylus is put back.
    - added option to disable the bottom curtain.
    - it now locks the Diamond's Home button (but in another way).
    - all graphics support high resolution, i.e. truely VGA. (thanks poorlyduck for helping the artworks)
    - changed some graphics elements (e.g. a new battery connector).
    - fixed the bug that occasional double lock occurred in v1.22.
    - moved the S2UText & S2AText settings from registry to lang.ini (as it's more related to language).
    - reduced the memory usage.
    - a more logical S2U2 Settings.
    - some minor bugs fixed.

Download
    http://www.ac-s2.com
    Last edited by Painter_; 11/12/2008 at 07:49 PM. Reason: updated
  10.    #30  
    anyone else having this issue?
    For whatever reason, whenever I have 1.33 or 1.35 installed, my 5 way is dead when trying to select a special character from the menu when pressing the "alt" key.

Example. I am typing a text message and I want to place a smiley. The : is in the alt menu, so I press alt, the menu pops up, and then I should be able to press the center button to select the highlighted item. I can't select it, nor can I scroll up and down the list with the up/down portions of my 5 way.

800w

Problem went away when I uninstalled 1.33, came back when I installed 1.35
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I uninstalled it this morning...the alarm didn't go off again - hadda soft reset to wake it up, and that was with all settings on "Off."

Oh well.
    That is basically the same experienec I had.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12