Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone been able to talk a rep into getting free Sprint navigation ??
    I am just curious. If so tell your story.
  2.    #2  
    I have heard it approx 9$ a month or 2.99$ a day.
  3.    #3  
    Dang does this come with the everything plans?? The site says GPS Navigation just seeing if anyone has a plan that has used it.
  4.    #4  
    my bad nubie mistake while on the sprint site I did not see the light blue hyper link . inside the hyperlink it reads .GPS: Unlimited maps, turn-by-turn directions and more with Sprint Navigation for Sprint and PowerSource phones, or TeleNav™ for Nextel phones. GPS reliability varies by environment.

sorry I don't have any idea how I missed that the other 5 times i looked at the web site lol lol thread closed I guess
    It's included in my plan
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    IIRC, it is included for free on the "Everything Plus Referral Plan"

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I have it free on my "talk / text / data" plan.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    i personally dont need it because i have TT7 on my 800w hehehehe
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raymir View Post
    i personally dont need it because i have TT7 on my 800w hehehehe
    thanks for your ever-so helpful contribution to this thread..

but to answer OP, I have the 1200 minute sero plan and I've tried several times to get the Navi added free but no dice yet. The plan Mal linked earlier does give you the navi 'free'.
    This may sound like a totally dumb question in the middle of this thread...but what is the major difference between Sprint Navigation and Telenav, and if you don't have Sprint Navigation on your plan already - is there any way you could use it if the shortcut comes on your phone (ie the Treo 800w) by accident?
    A ton of people have TT7. Not that I d/l illegally cracked software, because thats bad, but have people heard that this is easy to get cracked?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    This may sound like a totally dumb question in the middle of this thread...but what is the major difference between Sprint Navigation and Telenav, and if you don't have Sprint Navigation on your plan already - is there any way you could use it if the shortcut comes on your phone (ie the Treo 800w) by accident?
    The difference is that Sprint Navigation has the Sprint name on it. That's all.

If anyone with Sprint Navigation goes to the My Telenav site, their login works there just as it does on the Sprint Navigation site. That is, assuming you've already setup a Sprint Navigation login and 4 digit pin.

The shortcut comes on your Treo 800w, because they want you to buy it .
    Let me explain why I'm confused.

I've had a Telenav account for 2 years. It is filled with addresses across the entire eastern US from NY to FL. For whatever reason, I hadn't used it since getting my 800w, but the other day I was going somewhere, so I went to the Telenav site and entered the address. Two days later I get in the car and pull up Sprint Navigation - no addresses. It works fine, but it's obviously not the same as my Telenav account.

I suppose it's possible navigation is on my old SERO account and I just couldn't use it on my previous Palm os devices so never noticed - and continued using Telenav.

In which case...I can save myself $9.99/month now and cancel Telenav. Guess I need to go to the Sprint Navigation site and see what I can see. Thanks!
    I started with Sprint Navigation, then one day I noticed the My Telenav site and my Sprint Navigation web site login worked. I was able to login to My Telenav, add an address and pull it into my Treo by refreshing the favorites list in Sprint Navigation and it shows up on the Sprint Navigation web site too.

Alli, you should ask Telenav if they have a means to sync your data up. That is, if it's not totally lost .
    Well...I logged onto the Sprint Nav site, and after much visible "clicking and whirring" all my Telenav data appeared on the Sprint Nav account (I'm guessing they are the same backend).

I also discovered that with my glasses off and busy with a car full of passengers, I must have clicked the "buy for $2.99/day" on Sprint Nav.

So now I'm off to d/l Telenav. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!
    I have a Free Incoming Plan and unlimited text and data, so I guess if I signed up for the Referral Program then my free incoming would go away... Thats my favorite part of my plan...lol
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    What other GPS program work on 800w beside TT?
    If you have Sprint, I highly recommend their Unlimited Everything plan. In fact, even if you don't have Sprint, I still somewhat recommend switching to Sprint (at the end of your current contract, of course) for the sole purpose of signing up for this plan. My bill is $116/mo (that includes Unlimited Everything, plus tax, plus insurance) each and every single month. It might be a little high, but I love that I have no minutes to worry about going over. No data restrictions to worry about going over. No cost per SMS. And, yes, Sprint Navigation included, as well as TV.

Actually, it might not include "phone as modem", but I don't know. Totally unlimited everything else though.

Anyway, point is, it rocks. If I had a "1200 minute" plan, I'm sure I would be able to get through the month safely knowing I'd never use more than that many minutes, but it's so much nicer to just not have to worry. My cellphone is my only phone, so I use it a lot, and to get back on topic, I like knowing that if I wanna try out the Nav, that too, is also included.

PS: I swear I don't work for Sprint. I'm not even in the industry at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by je255j View Post
    No data restrictions to worry about going over.
    Actually, you have a 5GB EVDO data limit, that Sprint does not exactly say a whole lot about until you've hit it. Just like Comcast's so-called "unlimited" internet service, it's not really unlimited.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Actually, you have a 5GB EVDO data limit, that Sprint does not exactly say a whole lot about until you've hit it. Just like Comcast's so-called "unlimited" internet service, it's not really unlimited.
    Ah, good to know. I had no idea.

Still, 5GB sounds like a lot. A whole lot. I'd have to download 170MB per day, every day, to hit that. On the one hand, it sucks that a limit is there, but on the other, I don't see myself ever coming even close to crossing it.

Nevertheless, thanks for the tip.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast