1.    #1  
    Can Active Sync 4.5 be used on Windows Vista? If not is there a way to sync my treo with Vista? I did a search but came up with nothing.

Thanx
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    you have to use the vista mobile device center
    search for that and you'll be all set
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142 View Post
    you have to use the vista mobile device center
    search for that and you'll be all set
    Active Sync cannot be used on Vista. Vista supports syncing, natively though. You'll need to use the Mobile Device Center included in Vista. Also, you might want to make sure you have the latest version by downloading it from Microsoft.

-Frank
  4.    #4  
    Thanx guys.. I figured that out after i posted however I am having a problem sync'ing with Vista. It doesn't give me any particular error it just says there is one. Any ideas or known issues?
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    It could be any one of a million things. I had my 700WX for almost a year before I was able to sync it w/WMDC. A custom ROM flash did it. You might want to try the same. If you're on VZW, you can go to Palm's website and find the WM6 upgrade. If you're on Sprint, check their site or do a search on WMexperts or PPCGeeks
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetss View Post
    Thanx guys.. I figured that out after i posted however I am having a problem sync'ing with Vista. It doesn't give me any particular error it just says there is one. Any ideas or known issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekCop View Post
    It could be any one of a million things.
    x2

Without specifics, there's really nothing we can do to help.

That'd be like:

Me: "My car doesn't run."
    You: "What's wrong with it?"
    Me: "It's a Toyota, does that help?"
    You: *facepalm*
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Did you try it by bluetooth too soon?

You MUST sync' at least once via cable, in order for WMDC to work properly. Once you've done it once with the USB cable, then you can go bluetooth. Also you have to destroy the old ActiveSync relationships on the device and setup from scratch in WMDC. This works just fine with a 700W syncing to vista business edition.

One final thing - make sure your firewall setting are not in the way (edit in the control panel. WMDC and sync center should both be allowed to cross the firewall).
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    x2

Without specifics, there's really nothing we can do to help.

That'd be like:

Me: "My car doesn't run."
    You: "What's wrong with it?"
    Me: "It's a Toyota, does that help?"
    You: *facepalm*
    I totally agree.. I was hoping that someone had come across a similar situation.

As for the bluetooth my laptop doesnt have that function so it isn't that.