Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I honestly think that the OP won't be happy until he gets a free full function player from somewhere. Is there even such a thing out there? Maybe on the open source platform.

BTW OP, did you try the recompiled TCPMP as someone else suggested? Isn't that open source?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  2.    #22  
    I will have a look at the recompiled TCPMP asap.
    Might be my holy grail.

Simple & lightweight is the key.
    90% of the time I have a heavy background app running, a media manager like kinoma besides that... no thank you.

Thanks for all your suggestions.
    Treo Pro Playtime
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I honestly think that the OP won't be happy until he gets a free full function player from somewhere. Is there even such a thing out there?
    Sure, and Kinoma FreePlay does far more than many paid products. It's the best YouTube/SHOUTcast/Flickr/etc. player you can't buy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    ...did you try the recompiled TCPMP as someone else suggested? Isn't that open source?
    It is, although it hasn't been actively developed for years. Since codecs for TCPMP are distributed illegally, they tend to be hosted separately and move around. It can be difficult to come up with a stable combination.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
  4.    #24  
    As suggested, I got the new version of TCPMP from xda-developers.
    The version is 0.72RC1
    Newer 0.81 will not work on the TP.
    Seeing the input on the xda forum it aint exactly EOL too. But many version are around, very confusing.

And yes, it's just what I wanted.
    Plays my videos and that's about it.
    Treo Pro Playtime
    I'm using TCPMP-0.72RC1-ARM-PPC-recomp-03.zip

From Post #1:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=2396421
    Just call me Berd.
    I'm going to test the Kinoma Player just to see if I like it. I like YouTube, LOL!

BTW, does TCPMP work on Standard too, or just Pro?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    The problem with the recompiled version of TCPMP is that there is not Bluetooth A2DP support. I want to try Coreplayer but I couldn't find trial version.. anybody know if this exists?
    There is no trial for Coreplayer.
    Having tried Kinoma myself, and not being affiliated with them in any way, I have to say, I did not understand one word of your posting. It does an outstanding job. Maybe you should uninstall and reinstall again?

Good luck
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by nispen View Post
    Having tried Kinoma myself, and not being affiliated with them in any way, I have to say, I did not understand one word of your posting. It does an outstanding job. Maybe you should uninstall and reinstall again?
    Who do you address with this reply?
    If it's me, please read again - I am quite sure my posts are expressing my thoughts clearly enough.
    Treo Pro Playtime
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    As suggested, I got the new version of TCPMP from xda-developers.
    The version is 0.72RC1
    Newer 0.81 will not work on the TP.
    Seeing the input on the xda forum it aint exactly EOL too. But many version are around, very confusing.

And yes, it's just what I wanted.
    Plays my videos and that's about it.
    It plays music files, and streams too.
    Charles,

I'm not even going to consider your software unless you give me a free trial. That trialpay thing is lame and makes me even less inclined to try it.

I would suggest you expand you horizons and give away a limited version or timed trial.
    I agree that a trial just to see if you can use or like the software would be preferable. But then, that may be what the free version takes the place of.

Kinoma Freeplay is a limited version and it clearly shows you which functions you would get if you upgraded to the paid version.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
  15. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RichChestmat View Post
    Kinoma Freeplay is a limited version and it clearly shows you which functions you would get if you upgraded to the paid version.
    But it doesn't show you that they work, which is the whole point of trialling software before shelling out the $$$.
    I guess you just have to trust all the people who have already shelled out the money and say it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by //Spooke View Post
    Charles,

I'm not even going to consider your software unless you give me a free trial. That trialpay thing is lame and makes me even less inclined to try it.

I would suggest you expand you horizons and give away a limited version or timed trial.
    TC writer Harv Laser addressed this in his article on one of Kinoma's upgrades:
    Because it's a content delivery system and media player, and because of the number of forms of media it plays (MP3, Podcasts, PhotoCasts, Cubic Panoramas, YouTube and Google Flash video, MPEG-4 video, Windows Media 9, AAC audio, and many others).. and because the owners of some of the codecs it uses to play some media formats won't allow their proprietary code to be used in free trial software, rather than offer a trial version of 4 EX in a crippled format, there is no trial version of 4 EX.
    That's why none of the commercial media players offer trial versions. TCPMP tiptoes around this by linking to unlicensed codecs. I still use TCPMP for avi files, but purchased Kinoma for more robust handling of other codecs and occasional A2DP usage. Check out of this extensive video walkthrough of Kinoma to "demo" it.
  18. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    TC writer Harv Laser addressed this in his of this extensive video walkthrough of Kinoma to "demo" it.
    So is there a no-quibble refund policy if any of those premium functions don't work for you or your device?
    I'm not even going to consider your software unless you give me a free trial. [...] I would suggest you expand you horizons and give away a limited version or timed trial.
    Kinoma FreePlay is the "limited" version you're asking for. And remember, "limited" is relative since even Kinoma FreePlay does lots that no other mobile software does.

As Gameboy70 notes below, it's not possible to offer a free trial of Kinoma Play because includes a lot of licensed intellectual property that can't be just given away.

That trialpay thing is lame and makes me even less inclined to try it.
    I appreciate the feedback. FWIW, we have lots of happy customers who own Kinoma Play just as if they'd paid for it because they found a TrialPay offer they liked.

If you're asking us to take away TrialPay as a choice, I'm afraid the answer is "no".

Quote Originally Posted by Me2 View Post
    So is there a no-quibble refund policy if any of those premium functions don't work for you or your device?
    Of course, we just ask that you let us know within 30 days of purchase.

What's the feature you're wondering about? I'll be glad to tell you everything I know about it, and I'm sure lots of Kinoma Play users would share their experiences as well.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    CorePlayer crushes Kinoma in terms of speed and quality of video playback.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast