1.    #1  
    When I have my iPhone headset plugged in, the alarms only ring in the headset. The phone rings when I have an incoming call but if I've set the alarm clock or get an alarm for an appointment or a new text message it only rings in the headset. Weird... Anyone else that has experienced the same?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    My guess is that this was intentional and not a bug. I know that if I had a headset plugged in I would not want sounds to come from the speaker. That the speaker sounds on an incoming call mimics the behavior of a regular phone with a headset plugged in.
  3.    #3  
    Well, on the 650 and 750 the alarms went off on the phone as well even if you had a head set plugged in. And it does so on the Pro if you're using a bluetooth headset. If I have it lying on my desk with my headset plugedin I won't hear the alarms for e.g. a text message (my office environment is quite loud). And yesterday I realized that if a call comes in and I silence it with the sliding button on the top, it keeps ringing through the headset...
  4.    #4  
    Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    Well, on the 650 and 750 the alarms went off on the phone as well even if you had a head set plugged in. And it does so on the Pro if you're using a bluetooth headset. If I have it lying on my desk with my headset plugedin I won't hear the alarms for e.g. a text message (my office environment is quite loud). And yesterday I realized that if a call comes in and I silence it with the sliding button on the top, it keeps ringing through the headset...
    I can only agree with Holmes4 that this must be intentional. The fact that it does alarm with bluetooth headset is logical, since the phone doesn't keep an open connection to the bt headset, only when a call comes in.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    And yesterday I realized that if a call comes in and I silence it with the sliding button on the top, it keeps ringing through the headset...
    Have you tried with the supplied palm headset, is this the same?

It does make sense to me, when you set the slider to silence/vibrate, you don't want the speaker to buzz. The fact that you have the headset plugged in means you want to hear it over the headset.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
  7.    #7  
    Just tried it with the Palm headset and it's the same. You just don't hear it very well as the Palm headset is lousy. Do they really expect you to wear your headset all day long to not miss alarms? And sleep with it on I guess so you don't miss your wake up alarm...