Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Well after owning my treo for 2 years and giving the LG dare and BB curve a whirl i found out i had to come back to my trusty 700wx. Anyway, half the reason why i went for an upgrade was my plan was ready for one, i left my chargers 3 hours away from my house in my friends dorm, and i figured my treo was starting to get dated

ANYWAY, i need to buy some accessories for my 700wx. My battery is starting to weaken on my phone so i figured its time to buy a new charger and battery for the phone. What i am debating on is buying a docking station with spare battery charger and 2 batteries. I use the phone a lot so i never want to have my phone die when im out at 2am ever again. I figure with 2 batteries this would be the best way (swap mid day). Then i saw i could also just buy a extended battery but i was unsure on if the 40% increase in life is really true. Any input on what i should buy?

edit: also where is the best place to purchase? I dont want fake cheap chargers that are going to destroy my battery, or a fake battery for that matter.
    I have 5 batteries. I always have a spare when I go out and I rotate them to keep them all fresh and in good shape (so one doesn't always go through a lot of charge/discharge cycles). About ~$10ea on eBay for OEM batterires.

http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_nkw...romZR40QQ_mdoZ

Also, I bought the Palm manufactured charger here...

http://store.palm.com/product/index....catsId=3238806

This has been a good, reasonably priced solution for me.

-Frank
    Last edited by Frankxs; 10/26/2008 at 11:57 AM.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    i thought the batteries on ebay were junk? is the treo store on the top of the page OEM stuff? thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evanm View Post
    i thought the batteries on ebay were junk? is the treo store on the top of the page OEM stuff? thanks!
    Ebay is fine if you shop carefully. If it says it is OEM equipment, it is. At least that's been my experience. Just make sure it doesn't say only "OEM Replacement", or "for Treo 700wx" or some such. Make sure it is an OEM by the description. If it is, they'll emphasize that.

As for the batteries on the top of the page... some are OEM and some are not. Just read what it says.

-Frank
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Both boxwave.com and the WMExperts store will have what you need. I'm using an extended cap battery and find it gets me through my day easily. My Treo goes on around 5:30 AM and off around 9-9:30 PM and I still have plenty of juice.
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    ok so i bought a OEM palm battery, charger, and small external battery charger.

I will be using the new battery in rotation with my old battery, assuming that switching batteries mid-day will be more than enough for a 24 hour period. Anyway, is there anything i should do before i charge the new battery and drop it in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Evanm View Post
    Anyway, is there anything i should do before i charge the new battery and drop it in?
    Not really. Unless you're into raking leaves

-Frank