View Poll Results: Are you still using another handheld device for things the Treo 800w does?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't use any other handheld device for anything the Treo 800w does.

22 44.90%
  • I use another handheld device for music and/or multimedia instead of my Treo 800w.

17 34.69%
  • I use another handheld device for e-mail/Internet and/or SMS instead of my Treo 800w.

0 0%
  • I use another handheld device for phone calls instead of my Treo 800w.

1 2.04%
  • I use another handheld device for GPS instead of my Treo 800w (Garmin or others).

8 16.33%
  • I use another handheld device for PDA (appointments and/or contacts) instead of my Treo 800w.

1 2.04%
  • I use another handheld device for reading books instead of my Treo 800w.

2 4.08%
  • Although the Treo 800w does it, I use another handheld device for things not listed above.

5 10.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    have bought pockettunes and kinoma player for the the Treo Pro. But, I can't get them to setup my playlists in a reasonable amount of time.
    Your post suggests that you use iTunes. Have you tried tools that sync iTunes music and playlists to non-Apple devices? (A Google search found Salling Media Sync, which looks promising.)

Also, lots of Kinoma Play customers use it with Orb to stream their iTunes music library.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    Probably the 6035

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyocera_6035

What a difference 5 years makes!
    I had one of those, it was amazing for its time. I could go a week with light usage before it needed charging. Call quality was excellent. The fact that you had to use a 3rd party app to send text was the only thing that sucked bad at the time. It even came with a very nice cradle.
    I had one of those also.
    Kinda made me chuckle thinking back.
    It was cool phone for it's time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    Probably the 6035

[url]http://en.wikipedia .org/wiki/Kyocera_6035[ /url]

What a difference 5 years makes!
    Yep, that was it.
    soo funny
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    And what's a soft key again ?

(berdinkerdickle knows the Treo 800w issues already. He also knows the issues with the Treo Pro .)
    yea, you know it.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I actually would love to have just one device but there are so many things that are standing in my way. One of the biggest is defiantly music as I like to use my phone in my car for either streaming Sirius and XM or just listening to mp3's, since the 800w doesn't give me an easy way to do that, I will keep the iPhone around a while longer. The other big reason is keeping in contact with people that I know on AT&T, that might not be a big deal for me as far as minutes are concerned but for other people who have AT&T like my mom, its just easier to have another phone handy to talk to her. Maybe someday I could go to one device and save a ton of money.
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by iramike View Post
    I actually would love to have just one device but there are so many things that are standing in my way. One of the biggest is defiantly music as I like to use my phone in my car for either streaming Sirius and XM or just listening to mp3's, since the 800w doesn't give me an easy way to do that, I will keep the iPhone around a while longer.
    Have you tried Kinoma Play and SelectRadio? Kinoma Play can manage everything except the sat radio, which SelectRadio does.
    I use a PSP for games even though the 700wx can run PocketGBA and MorphGear SNES quite fast.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I do like the polls but they are notoriously difficult to word and draw conclusions form and this is the case here. For example I have a GPS in my primary car. We don't keep one int he beater so I use the 800w and I also use the 800w for GPS while traveling (and had expected to while traveling overseas).

You run into a similar kind of question with an ipod or camera. I am less worried about hot having a camear near and less obsessive about bringing a camer a to every single event with my kdis sicne I know I can take a snap with my 800e camera.

So for me, and I suspect some others, sometimes the 800w is a replacement for the devices specified in the poll and sometimes it isn't
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I do like the polls but they are notoriously difficult to word and draw conclusions form and this is the case here. For example I have a GPS in my primary car. We don't keep one int he beater so I use the 800w and I also use the 800w for GPS while traveling (and had expected to while traveling overseas).

You run into a similar kind of question with an ipod or camera. I am less worried about hot having a camear near and less obsessive about bringing a camer a to every single event with my kdis sicne I know I can take a snap with my 800e camera.

So for me, and I suspect some others, sometimes the 800w is a replacement for the devices specified in the poll and sometimes it isn't
    I totally agree. The Treo800w can do a lot of things, but the specialized devices do them so much better. My Zen plays music better. My digital camera takes much better pictures. My video camera takes much better video. My UMPC is a much better ebook reader. My laptop is way better for email and Web browsing. I don't want to carray all those devices around with me, so I'm glad my Treo800w can do those things. But when I really need to do a specific task, I look to the specialized device.
  11.    #31  
    The intent of the poll was regarding regular everyday use. I mean I have a digital camera and didn't even include cameras in the poll. I have a land line phone too. I've got a stereo system in my house, other computers and so on. But I selected "I don't use any other handheld device for anything the Treo 800w does.", because in general everyday use I use the Treo for the various tasks when on the go.

I mean I doubt you who mentioned your digital camera take it with you all the time. But you likely do have your Treo. Some people do take their Treo and say an iPod most places they go, that's the kind of thing where I was considering the person would be using another device (iPod) for multimedia.
    Darnell. I think the poll is helpful and I bet almost all users are now using specialized devices less. Also there are a lot of variabels.

Some comarisions are hard. For example the camera, s presents probably the biggest difference. Of all the features with dedicated alternatives it pruduces the lowest quality results (as opped to GPS and mpr playback whihc I would put at 50 to 90% as good as dedicated) but the 800w camera is network connected which is something a dedicated camera can't do. Thereby there are actually situations with which the 800w camera is better than the highest quality digital slr.

with gps, 800w near infinite points of interest present benefit not replicable by most stand alone units.

It is easy to be a critic, so I laud you for putting up the poll. I was just pointing out some variables before people draw conclusions
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12