1.    #1  
    Hi,

I was one of the first ones to get this Treo 800w. worked decent till until yesterday evening. But, Windows started crashing, esp. messaging app and then the rundll and all. I had no option but hard reset the phone.

I am trying to get things worked up again on my treo interms in registry hacks , battery savings, must install programs etc.

Can someone advise what should I do? Its almost 3 months since I made certain hacks and installed appz... I do not even have a track of.

Any suggestions/ comments would be appreciated.

May be we can make this a sticky, for enabling all new users to go in the same place to look for all questions..

May be far-fetched.. but, can be done with everyones inputs.

-M
    The problem is that everyone has different ideas about which apps and hacks are the must-haves.

Did you not do a backup? That would at least clue you in on what apps you had installed.
    I maintain a list of all the registry hacks I've done (not that many) so that if I do need to do a reset without using a backup, I'll know what I did. I've only had to restore from a backup once when changing handsets and once after installing a crappy application that I couldn't get rid of. Both times, Sprite Backup restored the registry changes as well.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    I maintain a list of all the registry hacks I've done (not that many) so that if I do need to do a reset without using a backup, I'll know what I did. I've only had to restore from a backup once when changing handsets and once after installing a crappy application that I couldn't get rid of. Both times, Sprite Backup restored the registry changes as well.

Can you suggest some of the hacks?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    The problem is that everyone has different ideas about which apps and hacks are the must-haves.

Did you not do a backup? That would at least clue you in on what apps you had installed.
    I am not sure if I have any backups. But, i am keen on not installing many.. just basic ones.
    There is another thread just like this on this forum. Read it.
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w