Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by WMguy View Post
    I just installed RealVGA at 96dpi and coincidentally unticked Cleartype because it didn't look so good with RealVGA. Woah.... noticably faster. Thanks for the tip. I've got the best of both worlds now. :-)
    In what way doesn't it look good? I'm using RealVGA at 96dpi for weeks now, with ClearType enabled. I can only say that it looks splendid!
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    I am confused.... You mean when I go to Contacts or hit Start Contacts. My is instant, less than a second, and I have over 2000 contacts. I close it by x'ing out. What is different?
    Quote Originally Posted by oVan View Post
    In what way doesn't it look good? I'm using RealVGA at 96dpi for weeks now, with ClearType enabled. I can only say that it looks splendid!
    I've always thought cleartype makes things look a tad blurry actually and have never used it on any WM device. Cleartype without RealVGA looks pretty good (on the Pro only) to me but with the minimized font, the font gets back to blurry. Either way, nice to have the option.
    This is a most interesting find you folks are speaking about in regards to the Treo Pro. Because it's always seemed odd that the 800w with a slower processor could be called more "snappy" in some reviews in comparison. I just checked my 800w and ClearType is off by default. Well now I'm never going to enable it .

Great find and enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    I am confused.... You mean when I go to Contacts or hit Start Contacts. My is instant, less than a second, and I have over 2000 contacts. I close it by x'ing out. What is different?

Same for me. I haven't unchecked with ClearType. I have a couple thousand and they come up instantly.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12