Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #2  
    Have you actually tried this yet to confirm it works on the Treo 800w?
  2.    #3  
    I does work, just as on the Treo 700wx! There may be new/changed features, but I haven't been searching. I'm just glad to have the recorder back!
  3. #4  
    I'm assuming this still won't record phone calls.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
  4. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    I'm assuming this still won't record phone calls.
    not on the 800w
  5. #6  
    Which means our friends in the Treo Pro forum will likely have the same issue.

    At least they got it working with a 320 X 320 screen.
  6. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Which means our friends in the Treo Pro forum will likely have the same issue.

    At least they got it working with a 320 X 320 screen.
    On most WM devices (especially HTC), you can't record calls. It's one of the things I miss about PalmOS as it works very well on those devices (even the Centro).

    http://www.pocketpcmag.com/cms/index.php?q=blogs/3/1931

    Evidently on the i780 and Omnia it looks like it might be able.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  7. #8  
    Unfortunately, the 800w was neutered by Palm and will never be able to record calls. Shame.
  8. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Unfortunately, the 800w was neutered by Palm and will never be able to record calls. Shame.
    Please present your factual evidence, that makes the Treo 800w different from other WM Treos in this regard.

    No rhetoric, facts please.
  9. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Please present your factual evidence, that makes the Treo 800w different from other WM Treos in this regard.

    No rhetoric, facts please.
    Considering there is only one other CDMA WM Treo (the 700wx), what's the point? Also, where did I claim that the 800w was different than the 700wx in this regard?
  10. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Considering there is only one other CDMA WM Treo (the 700wx), what's the point? Also, where did I claim that the 800w was different than the 700wx in this regard?
    Your initial statement was:
    Unfortunately, the 800w was neutered by Palm and will never be able to record calls. Shame.
    A vast number of WM Smart Phones can't record calls.

    And anything Sprint related, it's not something Palm can be blamed for, that would be a carrier related issue.

    Now if you've got some evidence of an intentional "neutering" by Palm, that actually was desired by Palm, present your evidence.

    You've presented one or two liners of rhetoric, please present evidence that supports your initial claim.
  11. #12  
    Sprint has nothing to do with the manufacture of phones. I hope that you're not really trying to claim that Sprint forbids WM phones from recording calls on their network but PalmOS phones are allowed to. You're way off base there, buddy. LOL
  12. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post

    You'd think they would send an email to all the registered users that have complained about the incompatibility. That would be too easy.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  13. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Sprint has nothing to do with the manufacture of phones. I hope that you're not really trying to claim that Sprint forbids WM phones from recording calls on their network but PalmOS phones are allowed to. You're way off base there, buddy. LOL
    Anytime your ready to support your prior statement with facts, go right ahead.

    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    You'd think they would send an email to all the registered users that have complained about the incompatibility. That would be too easy.
    Keep in mind, it's not a final product release yet. Once it is a final release, I'm sure it will be available as part of the product's update feature.
  14. #15  
    The release version (non beta) of Resco Audio Recorder v4.51 is now available.

    It's working fine for me. Of course no ability to record calls.

Posting Permissions