1.    #1  
    Any good software? I like to record voice, or conversation.

if possible, record the phone conversation as well. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by treopq View Post
    Any good software? I like to record voice, or conversation.

if possible, record the phone conversation as well. thanks
    Audio Notes Touch from Vito Technology is very good, see www.iwindowsmobile.com. I do have a problem with their licensing policy though... after a number of reinstalls it doesn't work anymore and you can't install your license on a new device.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
  3. hjt
    I've tried Vito Audio Notes Touch and Resco Recorder but they both don't record the other persons voice unless the Treo is on speakerphone.

Does anyone know of a call recorder which records both ends of the call without the device being on speakerphone?
    Quote Originally Posted by hjt View Post

Does anyone know of a call recorder which records both ends of the call without the device being on speakerphone?
    There is none and the design of the WM Treo won't allow it. The Palm OS Treos can. Does anyone know if the Palm Pre will be able to?
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    There is none and the design of the WM Treo won't allow it. The Palm OS Treos can. Does anyone know if the Palm Pre will be able to?
    Is this the design of most WM phones or just the Treo? I purchased a Sprint Diamond and returned it because I could do things quicker with my Centro. I really want the Pro but I'm afraid that there will be lots of little things like this that I won't like. Too bad they just can't make a really good browser and GPS for the Centro. I probably should wait for the Pre but I have a feeling that even WebOS may not have all the simple funtionality of the Palm OS.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    My understanding was that the issue is related to hardware. On my 800w call recording cannot even be done with the speaker phone. It seems many new WM devices have this feature disabled in hardware... particularly those from HTC. You can see this link for a discussion of the issues:

How can I record phone conversations on my Pocket PC Phone Edition device? | Smartphone & Pocket PC magazine

It has also been thoroughly discussed on XDAdev... just do a search there or heres a link:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=255592&page=5
    Recording Calls is the biggest thing I miss from my Treo 650.
    Just call me Berd.
    With my Sprint HTC Touch Pro, I can record calls without speaker on, but the volume on the other end is low during playback, for obvious reasons. Using speaker makes volume on both ends more audible during playback.

Really the old Palm OS devices were the ones made for recording calls.

Anybody know if the Palm Pre will allow call recording?
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hjt View Post
    I've tried Vito Audio Notes Touch and Resco Recorder but they both don't record the other persons voice unless the Treo is on speakerphone.
    Are you confirming that calls on the TP can be recorded using the speakerphone? The treo 800w cannot.
  10. hjt
    Quote Originally Posted by insol View Post
    Are you confirming that calls on the TP can be recorded using the speakerphone? The treo 800w cannot.
    Sorry, I didn't try recording with the speakerphone on as that's not what I wanted.

I think it should work but maybe someone else can confirm?
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I used mortscript to activate the voice recorder from my side button on the 700w....many times have I accidentally recorded phone calls that sounded crystal clear. I haven't tried it with the pro but I imagine it would work the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    I used mortscript to activate the voice recorder from my side button on the 700w....many times have I accidentally recorded phone calls that sounded crystal clear. I haven't tried it with the pro but I imagine it would work the same.
    Maybe Treo Pro owners will be able to do call recording via that method.

I have found there is a way to record calls on the CDMA Touch Pro (without using speaker or having low playback volume of the caller on the other end of the conversation) and it's based off things learned from GSM versions of some HTC devices. Given HTC is the ODM for the Treo Pro, that information might also be something to look into. To see if it can be made to work with the Treo Pro.
    For non-call recording such as dictaphone stlye use you can use OneNote mobile which should be installed by default on a Treo Pro. The standard notes app will also allow recordings but use OneNote since you can!
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
  14. hjt
    Thanks RichChestmat, I didn't know OneNote could take Voice Notes.
    Search for Microsoft Recite. Pretty good voice note software that allows you to search your voice notes by speaking out the word you are looking for.
    Regarding MS Recite, anyone who has concerns about privacy and companies tracking them should be sure to read the MS Recite privacy statement. MS is tracking all MS Recite users and in the preview version of the software you can't turn the tracking off.