Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    It was reported by BGR on October 1 that Best Buy will be selling the Trep Pro on October 26. I called BB and the sales person did not have a clue; not surprised. Has anyone heard anymore about this? I am thinking of buying one but would like to hold it before spending $500.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    anyone who lives in the NY area, you can hold one at J&R.
    I wish we had a JR in Kansas, but no such luck. I guess I will have to wait to the 26th and see if Best Buy is indeed stocking them.
    here's what I can tell you, & while I'm at it, i'll list everything else I know phone related to Best Buy.

first off the mock blackberry bold is already on display, & will be $299 with 2yr out the door.

second, working devices of the touch diamond & touch pro are BOTH in. not on display yet, but I've played with both of them. the touch pro came in yesterday & I'm not sure how I feel about it.

on to your treo pro, it IS in the system, & shows a instock date of 10/26. to my knowledge, we don't have a mock one or real one yet. I would venture to guess that getting one next week is possible as they have 400 mock displays to be shipped out.

I did not see a sku for the real one I don't think. ill check tomorrow. so it is coming, along with the rest of the above. no word on the bb storm, but one thing for sure is that best buy is going to be loaded with new stuff. the two new centro colors are on display as well
    Quickstang...

Any word on pricing for the HTC devices? I see the Diamond on the website at a "mortgage-the-house" price of $699. Is the Touch Pro more down to earth?
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    here's what I can tell you, & while I'm at it, i'll list everything else I know phone related to Best Buy.

first off the mock blackberry bold is already on display, & will be $299 with 2yr out the door.

second, working devices of the touch diamond & touch pro are BOTH in. not on display yet, but I've played with both of them. the touch pro came in yesterday & I'm not sure how I feel about it.

on to your treo pro, it IS in the system, & shows a instock date of 10/26. to my knowledge, we don't have a mock one or real one yet. I would venture to guess that getting one next week is possible as they have 400 mock displays to be shipped out.

I did not see a sku for the real one I don't think. ill check tomorrow. so it is coming, along with the rest of the above. no word on the bb storm, but one thing for sure is that best buy is going to be loaded with new stuff. the two new centro colors are on display as well
    Quickstang:
    Thanks for the information, it looks like it might be a couple of weeks. Please provide any additional you can as you get it.

By the way I like your Jayhawk!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Quickstang...

Any word on pricing for the HTC devices? I see the Diamond on the website at a "mortgage-the-house" price of $699. Is the Touch Pro more down to earth?
    I think that is what in store shows as well for buying it outright. On contract I am not sure. I'd have to check the tags in the system to see what they show on contract. I'll see if the new ones are in the system tomorrow. Then I should have a better idea if with contract price on both of them.

wcrg... My guess is that is the case. A few more weeks. I'll see if there is any pricing up on it yet. Usually every so many weeks, new tags show up in the system. I will see tomorrow on this one as well.

Thanks, but the Jayhawks aren't doing so swell right now in Football against Texas Tech.

Anyway, i'll see what I can dig up tomorrow and report back.
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Quickstang...

Here's my post on the WM forum including photos of my HTC Touch Pro bought yesterday at Best Buy.

http://discussion.wmexperts.com/show...84#post1514684

I paid $459 with a one year upgrade, it was something like $749 without contract and $299 with a two year upgrade. They had the display and phones in stock.
    Last edited by RickMG; 10/25/2008 at 11:00 PM.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    My BestBuy only has the display of the Diamond. Claims they won't be getting the Touch Pro and the sales clerk that I talked to said several of the new unlocked devices will be regional.

The form factor of the Diamond was interesting. A smidgen smaller than the Pro and the diamond cut back felt a little odd. I can see the smaller size being a challenge for the virtual keypad.
    That's why I like to buy an unlocked phone. I am month to month with T-mobile. I really hate the 2 year plans.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Did anyone stop by Best Buy today to see if they were in?

I'm possibly going to stop tomorrow while I'm in between sales calls - if I remember!
    Quote Originally Posted by stuy119 View Post
    Did anyone stop by Best Buy today to see if they were in?

I'm possibly going to stop tomorrow while I'm in between sales calls - if I remember!
    What are you looking for, the Treo Pro or the HTC Touch Pro? I got a Touch Pro last Friday at Best Buy.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    So here are some phone pics from the new Best Buy Mobile magazine. I know they are crappy, but I took them with my Treo. No Treo Pro in the book yet, but the book is only valid till 11/22. So there will be a new buyers guide next month. My guess is the Treo Pro would be in that one.

One thing that struck me as odd, was that the Bold was $399 on a New 2yr, BUT... $419.99 on a 2yr upgrade. Only $20 more, but that's just stupid really.

btw... that 1st phone with the touch and Bold is called the Samsung Sway

Last edited by quickstang; 10/26/2008 at 08:45 PM.
    don't forget the 20% off all smart phone purchases until 11/1 if you are a rewards zone member (free to join). No coupon needed, but you might want to print out this page and take with you. You do have to activate a two-year contract.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/
    Thanks for the tip on the 20%... shame I can't find a Diamond locally.
    It pays to be a RZ member. I think that if you are, then you have a longer return policy then the other people come holiday season. Not on phones, but other products. I'd have to double check, but I think I read that.

Also, I hope that when Sprint gets a new Blackberry, they dont charge out the ****. Even if the Bold WAS on Sprint, I wouldn't pay $400 for it. And seeing how i'm not a new customer, that would be like $420.

So having the Treo 800w under $200, and the Touch Pro for $300 is not bad with Sprint.

I dont know if it's AT&T or RIM, but why they had to go with $400 is beyond me. I could see buying it at $299 and no more. Guess i'll wait to see when the Javelin or whatever gets closer for Sprint. With-in a few months, it'll be time for Sprint to get something in the Blackberry area.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I stopped by the local Best Buy (in Skokie/Niles/Lincolnwood, IL) today to see if they had received the display models. It's in their system, and dated to be out on display for 10/31.

They weren't sure when they would receive phones for sale, however. Just those for display. Similar to now, when they have the BB Bold for display, just not for sale until next week.
    I stopped by the local Best Buy (in Skokie/Niles/Lincolnwood, IL) today to see if they had received the display models. It's in their system, and dated to be out on display for 10/31.

They weren't sure when they would receive phones for sale, however. Just those for display. Similar to now, when they have the BB Bold for display, just not for sale until next week.

Thanks for the update Stu. It appears that they might be in the stores next week.
  19. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts

Did they specify a price? I'm wondering if it'll be at the regular $549 or down to $499, which seems to be the going sale price--even palm.com is getting in on that...
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Did they specify a price? I'm wondering if it'll be at the regular $549 or down to $499, which seems to be the going sale price--even palm.com is getting in on that...
    $549.

And he had no idea what (if any) timetable there was for an AT&T subsidy.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast