1.    #1  
    Hi folks...On my Treo 750, I was used to be able to sling my Slingbox, listen to XM Radio, use CV Cellular Video, and the mobiTV was my favorite.

I can sling, sorta, and they're working on the 320x320, so that's cool...

As for the others...is there any way to pay for mobiTV directly?? And XM??

Finally, there is the application called "Streaming Media", and it simply comes up with a blank screen, and when I click on Play, it displays the touchscreen keyboard and a URL which looks like: "rtsp://"...

Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    This is a related question. Since the Treo Pro has Windows Mobile Media and Streaming media, is there a way to listen to radio stations that have live streaming broadcasts, or is extra software required? The radio station says I need Windows media greater than 7 which refers to desktop software (I believe). Does that mean it won't work on windows mobile media and/or windows streaming media? Please help. Thanks!
    i was looking for a similiar solution to sirius radio and found a program that ran it well, but I now use skyfire web browser, I'm able to logon to the real sirius website the same as i would on my laptop and login, I'm assuming you could do the same with xm, also I've never used mobitv, but i am able to run most movies on movie6.net and hulu.com which are great. as for streaming real radio stations I listen to wbz which is a boston am station and i'm able to listen to thier online feed with skyfire as well. skyfire.com it's free!!
    I have used skyfire to watch the live NHL games. The audio is great, the video is a little laggy (I'm sure difference in processor between full blown laptop and pocket device is a factor). I would assume you could listen to tons of other streaming things this way....just make sure you don't venture into a real low bandwidth area. (Skyfire works best on full 3G).
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
    This is a related question. Since the Treo Pro has Windows Mobile Media and Streaming media, is there a way to listen to radio stations that have live streaming broadcasts, or is extra software required? The radio station says I need Windows media greater than 7 which refers to desktop software (I believe). Does that mean it won't work on windows mobile media and/or windows streaming media? Please help. Thanks!
    I've used both Pocket Tunes and PocketMusic for streaming internet radio stations and both will work. Pocket Tunes has better support for it but you'll have to buy a copy vs Pocket Music that is free.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Thanks for the advice. I will try one of the free programs first and report how it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
    You don't need anything more than the built-in software. Browse to http://www.thestreamcenter.com/PDA/ within PIE and search for the radio station you want to listen to. Click on the stream link (e.g. "32k Stereo" and it will start playing in WMP after a few seconds. You can then press the power button on the top of the Treo Pro and it will dim the screen while streaming the radio station in the background.