1. hjt
    On my 650 I used to use Brightcam. When you switch the device on it would change the screen brightness depending on light levels from the camra.

It was brilliant - in the night when you switched the device on the screen would go dim and in the daytime it would go to max brightness.

I miss it! Anyone know of a WM equivalent?
    I have been researching this subject. Thus far, I have not found anything. I know some companies have an actual light senor that can be enabled and disabled depending on room ambient light levels. As in my HP rx1955, it has a light sensor identical to what some automobiles have currently installed.
    Gotta love technology... you blink and everything changes.
    Th eMotorola Q did it too.
    Awesome, it is one thinkg I really miss in going to the pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewTreoProUser27 View Post
    I have been researching this subject. Thus far, I have not found anything. I know some companies have an actual light senor that can be enabled and disabled depending on room ambient light levels. As in my HP rx1955, it has a light sensor identical to what some automobiles have currently installed.
    I've tried the usual HTC registry keys for autodimming, but unfortunately there's no sensor in it (I hoped for a disabled one).

I currently use SPB Phone Suite profiles to set the screen brightness at night at a lower level, in the car at max level, etc.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
  5. hjt
    It's a shame it's not a feature of the OS... WM7? 8?

Thanks for the tip oVan - I'll give Phone Suite a go.
    Quote Originally Posted by hjt View Post
    It's a shame it's not a feature of the OS... WM7? 8?

Thanks for the tip oVan - I'll give Phone Suite a go.
    ITs not a feature of the OS, because it lacks the sensor. This is the first time I heard about using the camera for this function. I'll pass it along to Microsoft and see what they say.
  7. hjt
    I tried SPB Phone Suite - a brilliant piece of software - very flexible. I've got it to dim between 9PM and 9AM and otherwise set the screen to 80% brightness.

It also has a lot of other functions it can do - turn of sound, wifi, bt - depending on time or hardware (ie. cradled).

If you do plan to try it you'll need to get the beta as the the proper release doesn't yet suppost 320x320. But I've had no issues with the beta release.
    I was about to say, but NewTreo beat me to it, the dimmer on the Q is a hardware issue as much as it is a software. You gotta have a sensor. It's a great feature and I'm surprised the newer devices don't have it.

I'll have to check out the SPB feature. A timer would be an easy alternative to the sensor.
    Funny, I just came acrossed this program today:

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...d-g-light.html
    are you using it?
    is it working?
  11. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NewTreoProUser27 View Post
    Funny, I just came acrossed this program today:

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...d-g-light.html
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    are you using it?
    is it working?
    Even 2 seconds reading that program's description would tell you it needs a sensor, something we've already established the TP doesn't have.

Summary: Adjust your backlight levels according to the values your light sensor measures

• Found under: light, sensor, backlight, adjust, tools

With this tool you can adjust your backlight levels according to the values your light sensor measures...
    You can also change the interval how often the light sensor should be accessed.

And in the screenshot:

Dim backlight to level 1 when the light sensor report a value between 0 and 1

Current light sensor level: 20.57

Honestly, how many more times must it be said? Can't people read?
    Last edited by Me2; 11/02/2008 at 07:16 PM.