Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I'm pretty sure the issue isn't server related. When you make an edit a request is made from the phone (spinning arrows) it's up to the server to accept it. Think about it, when you first setup active sync and you click finish the phone instantly starts activesync - it's looking for the server.
    It will keep spinning trying to create a partnership. Once established, it begins to sync.
    So the issue is from the device side. It's not even asking the server for a sync.
    My nascent theory was that WM6.1 was sending the upstream push request back to the Exchange 2003 server in a way it wouldn't pick up but I think that's been debunked as your Pro should work correctly with your Exchange server host if they're using 2007. Plus your basic point makes sense, I don't even see any activity at all, as if the change isn't even written or registered in the device. I'm at a loss why CrozB doesn't have a problem with it though.
    Is there another thread where CrozB replied?
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Is there another thread where CrozB replied?
    I put a note in the Official Bugs thread sticky to try to get some more folks to check their Pros. His Pro apparently works correctly unlesss he happened to get an email in before he logged into OWA.
    When we make an edit on our desktop, it instantly says; 'hey, I need to send this to the server', the server then sends it to our phones.
    When the edit is made on our phone, it doesn't say; 'hey, a change has been made, I need to send this to the server.'
    Just call me Berd.
    From the 800 Thread:

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    Editing a current calendar entry does not appear to trigger a sync. Entering a new event does.

It appears to be the same for contacts as well. I can edit an existing and it does not trigger a sync. I can enter a new contact and it does trigger a sync.

deleting and entry, calendar or contacts, does seem to trigger a sync.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=173112

It really isn't that big a deal.

I know for a fact (I have an elephants memory)
    It was instantaneous on my 8525 also (TYTN)

oh well, I think we can rest in that it's not Pro Specific.
    A shame but not a huge issue.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 10/23/2008 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Oh Well
    Just call me Berd.
    I still haven't figured out where in the reg this setting might be.
    Just call me Berd.
    I would be willing to bet it's hardcoded into ActiveSync. You could try porting 6.0 AS over, but that's going to be messy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I would be willing to bet it's hardcoded into ActiveSync. You could try porting 6.0 AS over, but that's going to be messy.
    I might try that.
    I did try all the reg settings, but that didn't fix it.
    So yea, I think I will try taking the AS files from my 750 and overwrite the ones on my Pro.

p.s. did you get my pm about 4shared?
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Yea, I have the feeling you're correct. I scoured the reg just like Berd and didn't have any luck. I really wish they'd at least have left it as a configurable option. I love my Pro but that's #2 on biggest annoyance followed only by the lack of a new email icon on the screen saver and/or flashing LED control for alerts. Still, it's a great phone.
    So, am I correct that this is an issue that everyone with the Pro has and it has not yet been solved? It seems to be the consensus that it is a 6.1 issue. I am still considering the Pro, but really don't like this problem.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, yes, it's an issue with the Treo Pro and any device running Windows Mobile 6.1, or at least ActiveSync 6.1. We'll see what Berd's Frankenstein attempts and porting in As 6.0 result as that could fix the issue.
    In my view the Treo 750 had a better sync mechanism than that of the TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    In my view the Treo 750 had a better sync mechanism than that of the TP.
    Sounds like it is more that Win Mo 6.0 had a better sync mechanism than Win Mo 6.1

I am concerned about this before purchasing...Well, this and the cracking issue...
    Hey after spending a month w/a TP I gave up and got me the HP iPaq Business Manager (910c) and I have no complaints about body cracks.

My previous TP's wi-fi was never able to connect to my at&t DSL modem, the GPS would lock-up w/google maps and I was just not going to stand there and don't do nothing about it.
    I just got a TP on sprint and am having precisely the same problem with my Exchange 2007 server; even worse, certain changes on the server side (e.g. adding flags) don't reliably show up on the TP until a mail comes in or I do a manual send/receive on the TP.

Anyone else have any luck sorting this out?
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
    I just got a TP on sprint and am having precisely the same problem with my Exchange 2007 server; even worse, certain changes on the server side (e.g. adding flags) don't reliably show up on the TP until a mail comes in or I do a manual send/receive on the TP.

Anyone else have any luck sorting this out?
    Sadly I don't think so, Conqueror. I'm afraid it's the way the good folks at Microsoft designed Windows Mobile 6.1 to work, so any device which runs WM6.1 is going to sync this way. I sort of understand the thought behind it, even if I'm dubious about how much power is really saved. But most of all, they really should've enabled this as a configurable option.

For now, I think your only option, is to manually initiate a sync when you make a change to an existing task/calendar/contact item.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123