Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    can anyone here recommend a lightwheight caller id program that showes a big picture of the incoming callers?
    only one that works on the treo 800w , please.
    PhotoContacts Pro gives you full screen caller id...mostly. Although it's far from lightweight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    PhotoContacts Pro gives you full screen caller id...mostly. Although it's far from lightweight.
    is it free?
    No. IIRC it's about $27.
    Honestly, I'm just subscribing because I want to know if anybody posts an alternative, but as far as PhotoContacts Pro goes, it is a good program, but because it requires so much of the phones resources, it's a little slow. Whenever I was trying it, I was often able to answer the call before the PhotoContacts Pro screen even came up.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    http://www.inesoft.com/eng/index.php...dressbook.html is what I use but its not free either. But its much lighter on the resources than Photocontacts
    s2u2 now works with the Treo800!
    Thanks AC!

S2U2 has full screen callerid!

www.ac-s2.com
    Quote Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
    Thanks AC!

www.ac-s2.com
    I assume we need the QVGA version. Is this correct?

The QVGA version works!
    Last edited by Painter_; 10/26/2008 at 09:44 PM. Reason: answer my own question
  9.    #9  
    inesoft address book 4 beta 6 seems to be one of the best softwere i used.
    see how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    I assume we need the QVGA version. Is this correct?

The QVGA version works!
    You answered your own question before I could get back here.

AC worked a bunch to get S2 working on our phones.
    I believe the issue was that the Treo's didn't support DirectDraw.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
    Thanks AC!

www.ac-s2.com
    Wow! Looks like a major improvement over slide 2 unlock pro, which is buggy.

I'm switching now!

Is the full-screen photo caller ID fast, and does it interfere with ringtones?
    Question for you lawmangrant.... Could you post your setting that you are using for S2U2? I've downloaded it and have issues with calls not ringing until they dump to voicemail, can't view today screen, and twice I had to pull the battery because the slide to unlock wouldn't recognize the touchscreen.

On a lighter note, S2P rox and seems to be working fine so far
    S2U2 won't recognize the touchscreen while on a call if you have "disable touchscreen while on call" still selected in your standard keyguard app. Took me 15 minutes to figure out what the hell was happening on that one, but I could use the dpad to unlock.

I've switched to ThrottleLock as it includes a CID that works better then S2U2, and they are working on making it even better. No lockup with ThrottleLock and the lock screen is actually semi transparent to show whats behind it on the stock skin.

www.throttlelauncher.com
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOrion View Post
    S2U2 won't recognize the touchscreen while on a call if you have "disable touchscreen while on call" still selected in your standard keyguard app. Took me 15 minutes to figure out what the hell was happening on that one, but I could use the dpad to unlock.

I've switched to ThrottleLock as it includes a CID that works better then S2U2, and they are working on making it even better. No lockup with ThrottleLock and the lock screen is actually semi transparent to show whats behind it on the stock skin.

www.throttlelauncher.com
    So ThrottleLOCK contains a CID function? I dont need ThrottleLAUNCHER?
    thanks,
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Correct. All you need is ThrottleLOCK. Launcher borked my system again due to hiding the sprint bar.
    how do you activate the caller ID in throttle lock? also seems that they haven't made a version that fits our screens perfect
    I'm using the Simple skin posted in their forums and it looks perfect on my device. As for the callerID, it was active by default for me.
    Instead of adding yet another 3rd party app for with lots of bells and whistles and associated memory use, would be nice just to be able to make a larger caller bubble (standard with 800w - and can include picture from contact file)
    Charliec
    That's what I would like, too. I've been using the Inesoft Address Book program, but it causes some problems, and it's got a whole lot of features I don't need. I just want something that displays a larger picture than the standard caller ID displays.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    what kind of problems have you been having? I'm running it and I don't think I have any issues associated with it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast