1.    #1  
    Hey everyone. I just got the treo 800w. I want to transfer the contacts from palm desktop from my treo 755p to my new treo 800w. How do i do this? I installed the 800w software and it is now connected to my computer so i can sync anything. What do i do? Please explain every step.
    THANK YOU!!
    I used PocketCopy (www.chapura.com/pocketcopy.php). Cost me $25, but it moved all my contacts, calendar and notes from my Palm desktop (I had a 700p) to Outlook. You have to have Outlook intsalled on your PC. Searched but wasn't able to find a free trial download, but it did the job fast and with no fuss or muss. If you go to palm.com on the Treo 800w support page there are instructions on how to transfer the data for free.
    The easiest way is to just change the sync conduit on your Palm desktop (Start/Palm/Sync conduit), and sync the 755. That will transfer all your PIM data into Outlook. Then when you sync the 800w all your PIM data will appear on the 800.
    This should help with transfering data from a Palm OS based device to a WM device.
    Upgrading PIM Information from a Palm OS device to a Windows Mobile smartphone

It does require MS Outlook and you may need this:
    OutlookŪ 2007 Update for Palm OS Devices
    I moved from 755p to Treo Pro recently and just used Palm Desktop/Exchange thing. Contacts moved fine but I notice my custom fields (Palm OS) did not move over. So watch for that, I use them alot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    The easiest way is to just change the sync conduit on your Palm desktop (Start/Palm/Sync conduit), and sync the 755. That will transfer all your PIM data into Outlook. Then when you sync the 800w all your PIM data will appear on the 800.
    I know that this is (and I am) 100 years late with moving from my 755p to my 800w (and yes, I have a 850 Pro and a Pre waiting in the wings to be activated once I have the motivation and the courage to do this again, but I won't go to the Pre until Sprint eases up on the more expensive data option required to run it).

In any case, just wanted to say thanks so much for this very easy and very effective solution. I used your solution and it worked perfectly - and it was a LOT easier than any of the other solutions provided, including the one provide on the Palm website.

So - thank you very much.