1.    #1  
    HTC Touch 3G
    HTC Touch HD
    vs.
    Treo Pro

Any detailed comparison? Hope they HTC don't have many bugs as TP does, and it looks the screen is much better.

big thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by treopq View Post
    HTC Touch 3G
    HTC Touch HD
    vs.
    Treo Pro

Any detailed comparison? Hope they HTC don't have many bugs as TP does, and it looks the screen is much better.

big thanks!
    There's like only 2 official bugs with the Pro.
    The history thing isn't even Pro exclusive.

So the only 2 Pro exclusive bugs are;
    1. Bt Call waiting
    2. Silence incoming call
  3. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    There's like only 2 official bugs with the Pro.
    The history thing isn't even Pro exclusive.

So the only 2 Pro exclusive bugs are;
    1. Bt Call waiting
    2. Silence incoming call
    I am glad you listed them. I actually didn't know I could do call silencing before I read it as a bug for TP. :O

I am sure Palm will have a patch for BT bug eventually.
    Treo Pro is in a totally different class of Pocket PCs then any current HTC. That's why HTC is the company, behind the company with the Treo PRo. HTCs are the "typical" class with major upgrades while the Treo Pro is more like previous Palm-PCs. I am actually thinking about tossing my Pro because of the VERY stupid screen size and lack of compatible working software. I found, 9 out of 10 current programs do not work currently on a 320x320 screen size. Reason is, the typical pocket PC does not run on it! I can just imagine the problems with 240x240. Example: Pocket Breeze. Says it works but its total CRAP though! Coming from someone who can not live without a Pocket PC attached to my hip, stay far away from this product because of the problems that occur with the screen. That's why some of the base programming graphics and code had to be changed from the orignal Microsoft created items. Thanks HTC for the work BUT does not help with interacting with alot of current programs on the market! Try it for yourself and you will see what I am saying. (I work for Microsoft BTW)

I actually have my eye on the Touch HD but after hearing the United States is off the list and dealing with my previous HP 614c that also was not released here, I am looking at others. Had my eye on Velocity and Eten products but who knows when it will be released. Dates have changed several times. HTC 3g, Touch Dual, Diamond, or Cruise will probably be my replacement. I can not live with a 320x320 screen. Its selective and I just like the normal type of things. Selective items are different and alot of times give you problems when you attempt to change things on it.
    Last edited by NewTreoProUser27; 10/21/2008 at 06:31 PM.
    Gotta love technology... you blink and everything changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewTreoProUser27 View Post
    Treo Pro is in a totally different class of Pocket PCs then any current HTC. That's why HTC is the company, behind the company with the Treo PRo. HTCs are the "typical" class with major upgrades while the Treo Pro is more like previous Palm-PCs. I am actually thinking about tossing my Pro because of the VERY stupid screen size and lack of compatible working software. I found, 9 out of 10 current programs do not work currently on a 320x320 screen size. Reason is, the typical pocket PC does not run on it! I can just imagine the problems with 240x240. Example: Pocket Breeze. Says it works but its total CRAP though! Coming from someone who can not live without a Pocket PC attached to my hip, stay far away from this product because of the problems that occur with the screen. That's why some of the base programming graphics and code had to be changed from the orignal Microsoft created items. Thanks HTC for the work BUT does not help with interacting with alot of current programs on the market! Try it for yourself and you will see what I am saying. (I work for Microsoft BTW)

I actually have my eye on the Touch HD but after hearing the United States is off the list and dealing with my previous HP 614c that also was not released here, I am looking at others. Had my eye on Velocity and Eten products but who knows when it will be released. Dates have changed several times. HTC 3g, Touch Dual, Diamond, or Cruise will probably be my replacement. I can not live with a 320x320 screen. Its selective and I just like the normal type of things. Selective items are different and alot of times give you problems when you attempt to change things on it.
    Yeah, so are you going to return the TP within 30days? I want to try HTC Touch HD and I may trade the keyboard for the big screen and compatibility with other wm software...
    Quote Originally Posted by jasper23 View Post
    Yeah, so are you going to return the TP within 30days? I want to try HTC Touch HD and I may trade the keyboard for the big screen and compatibility with other wm software...
    I may. Going to wait until Touch HD is out a few days until I make my decision. (probably mid-November from what I hear) As for returning the TP, Dell will charge a restocking fee, so that's out... Probably resell it or give it away for Christmas. Always need an extra gift somewhere. hehe I hope the Touch HD is as popular with its users as the Dell x51v was at its release. From what I read, its a love and hate relationship.
    Gotta love technology... you blink and everything changes.
    Touch HD in the US is a pointless device... no 3g...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    Touch HD in the US is a pointless device... no 3g...

why no 3g? I saw some introduction says 3G enabled globally.
    yea rite... whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by NewTreoProUser27 View Post

Switched from the iPhone to Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtreo View Post
    why no 3g? I saw some introduction says 3G enabled globally.
    Currently there are no plans to bring that device to the US. 3g is not the same as it is over in Europe. Will not work. Edge will work though... that's not even worth it though.