Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Yet...you have zero evidence that it is Palm's fault (and every indication that the problem lies with the server and/or user), and you're just so eager to jump back on the "blame Palm" bandwagon, eh?.
    Learn to READ. I said:
    So I agree that most email problems are likely caused by ISP's and user setup,
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Thanks Mal for your (as usual) well thought out and very insightful reply.
    You are welcome, since we said the same thing.

Lastly WHAT did I say palm's fault? What is with your mantra ("blame palm") you are going on against with everyone here who noted the bugs etc?

What I said, (and clarified specifically for you) was that generally the phone and its included integrated software drivers, are the product, and not simply the hardware.

I don't hold Palm responsible for user or ISP issues with email, or the WM6.1 problems with email and didn't say I did.

You are attacking several people here and need to read what they actually wrote.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    And now that we all can move on from talking about e-mail issues...
    So sorry to trouble y'all with facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by socomon View Post
    So sorry to trouble y'all with facts.
    So sorry I troubled you with the solution.

It was as they noted, in all WM 6.1 devices. (Although I personally have had no problems sending POP mail.) The Treo 800w's situation in that regard was not unique. Many of the devices heralded by those who dislike the Treo 800w, including the Treo Pro have the same.
    Gee, I kinda think the fact that it won't send POP e-mail might be a worse quality.
    Do some reading before you reply.
    socomon, I suggest an attitude change real fast if you want to hang around this forum (and give me a reason not to triangle post #33?)

The 800w and every WM6.1 does send POP/SMTP email. Your claim is patently false.

What you vaguely alluded to (and seriously, your post is about as vague and uninformative as you can get) has to do with SMTP settings getting corrupted...possibly...at some point. Not guaranteed.

That's a separate issue and you could have, I dunno, actually articulated what you were referring to instead of becoming antagonistic. Write clearly and people will actually know what you are referring too

Yes, I know about the corrupt outgoing server issue as it has happened to a friend's device before.

But you are of no help, assistance or value to this thread and your poorly written posts and attacks on people here are really tiring.
    The question is - how did Palm fail to detect it during beta testing - or did they?
    Palm does not code the OS, nor can they modify it without permission from MS. And if MS missed this, why would HTC, Motorola, Samsung or Palm catch it?

later, <plonk>

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I could care less if you "triangle" me or not. The fact is that this issue has been articulated ad neauseum in other threads. Y'all are too busy cheerleading to actually be aware of the issues. I have been in this forum since '02 and the value of it has steadily diminshed each year on acount of folks like yourself.

Regardless of whether Palm can change the code, do you think they should release a mobile e-mail device that can not send e-mail? Duhhhhhhhhhh!

And as for the "solution", you will note that the .can file is not an official release from either Palm or Microsoft (who is supposedly working on a fix) and has not been tested and is not guaranteed to work on most devices. Only time will tell if this is a "solution" or not.

Look. I am sorry you got caught looking like you don't know what you are talking about. I amsure that is very embarrasing for you.
    The fact is that this issue has been articulated ad neauseum in other threads.
    By the same 5 or 6 people.

I'm telling you, its not a bug because its not repeatable with all mail servers and all devices. Its only happening to a very small minority of people and I would be willing to bet that some of them have their mail accounts set up incorrectly and have non standard mail servers.

Besides why would Palm fix something that is (according to Matt and Tracy ) Microsoft's problem.
    Last edited by rc46; 10/23/2008 at 09:13 AM.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Y'all are too busy cheerleading to actually be aware of the issues.
    And you're so busy ranting, that you don't even take satification in the fact your complaint about e-mail already has a fix.

Regardless of whether Palm can change the code, do you think they should release a mobile e-mail device that can not send e-mail? Duhhhhhhhhhh!
    It does send e-mail, duhhhhh...

No it is NOT a case of all WM 6.1 devices being totally unable to send e-mail. That would have prevented anyone from releasing with WM 6.1 and MS would have never released WM 6.1 in that condition, but countless device makers are loading WM 6.1 into their devices. Oh and, don't forget the part about how what you've been complaining about already has a fix.

And as for the "solution", you will note that the .can file is not an official release from either Palm or Microsoft (who is supposedly working on a fix) and has not been tested and is not guaranteed to work on most devices. Only time will tell if this is a "solution" or not.
    MS has ALREADY as noted on the link you posted, stated that they have the fix in WM 6.1.4. So you can either sit and cry waiting for that, or do a backup, apply the registry edits and see if it works for you. It's working for the same person who runs the blog you linked to.

Look. I am sorry you got caught looking like you don't know what you are talking about. I amsure that is very embarrasing for you.
    Again, this is not about trying to look some kind of way to anyone. This forum, when it comes to problems in a Treo, is about helping people resolve those issues. There is an unofficial fix already for your gripe and an official update already noted to be coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    By the same 5 or 6 people.
    It's not even the same 5 or 6 any more. Even the blog the 1 still complaining linked to has stopped harping about the issue and is satisfied with the registry edit fix.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123