Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I called and got an RMA # to return mine. In the end it was the constant typos. The KB is just to dang small.

I'm out of luck now. There is nothing out there that is worth the money.

What is, was or will be the reason you give yours back to Palm before your 30 days runs out?
    Take a look at this if you're an AT&T user. I'm impressed! And I never had problem with the Blackjack keyboard(although I do have smaller fingers). Boy Genius has it on his site, looks a little thick, but solid.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...sku=sku3030219

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...i907-unboxing/
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I hate to do it but i think I'm sending it back as well. I only have 10 reasons.
    The Good first though for those still contemplating: very good call quality and reception, wi-fi, battery life, thin, elegant.

10 Reasons its going back:
    1) Big issue with typing, everytime I hit the letters C, V, or B I am hitting space bar as well.

2) While the screen is 320x320 even with brighness at max, it still doesn't view as well as the Moto Q global or the Bold.

3) can't turn off the missed called notification

4) camera is so slow, only two times digital zoom at higer resolution and takes forever to load.

5) CAN'T STOP VIBRATING OR RINGING UNLESS YOU SEND CALLER TO VOICEMAIL

6)BLUETOOTH----THIS HAS MADE ME LOOK STUPING TO MANY CLIENTS. CAN'T ANSWER CALL WAITING AN GO BACK

7) have to take the entire back off to chade SD

8) no control over led

9) no holster on the immediate horizon

10) 25 DAYS AND NO CRADLE - "said in stock shipping 5-10 business days" for the 24 days...........

I had loved palm with all the other options that have existed I have go from:

1)nokia + Treo 90
    2) Treo 270
    3) Treo 600
    4) Treo 650
    5) Treo 750
    6) Treo Pro

I bought the devices within days of their release each time. I don't know which direction I'm going but after waiting a year and 1/2 from 750 to Pro I just really disapointed.
  4. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    ewhip, I just ordered mine yesterday. Could you please explain nos. 3 & 8?

I am sorry if this has been discussed before.

Thanks much
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ewhip View Post
    ...............1) Big issue with typing, everytime I hit the letters C, V, or B I am hitting space bar as well................
    Me also. That is my biggest problem. Here is what the average email looks like:

"Hellow, hadf the b est day. We are goin g to meet at rthe poark and thewn oin troi V anessa's for the game.
    3) I forward a significant amout of clls, each time I do so, I have to go reset the missed call indicator. When you go to setting/notifications there is a section to turn it of but it doesn't, I've been told its a windows mobile thing.
    Don't let that be a deal breaker for you but it anoys me 10-15 times a day.

8) on prior devices we were able to hack the LED and have it blink to indicate, text, voicemial or new emails. It was really nice.

Again if you never were spoiled by this I don't think you miss it.
    So James, what we gonna get?
  8. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    3) I forward a significant amout of clls, each time I do so, I have to go reset the missed call indicator. When you go to setting/notifications there is a section to turn it of but it doesn't, I've been told its a windows mobile thing.
    Don't let that be a deal breaker for you but it anoys me 10-15 times a day.

8) on prior devices we were able to hack the LED and have it blink to indicate, text, voicemial or new emails. It was really nice.

Again if you never were spoiled by this I don't think you miss it.
    Thanks, I have been spoilt by the "hacked LED". I have msgled on my 750 and really like it. So I am presuming that msgled will not work on the Pro, right?
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    "When they pry it from my cold, lifeless hands."
    guys, I am inch close to return it. But before I do that, can anyone recommend a good substitute? I don't want to go back to 650 any more.

I don't mind staying with windows mobile since I have almost passed my learning curve during the last 3 weeks.
    Jasper,
    get the 750
    I will be keeping my Pro.

But my biggest gripe is the spacebar is too tall. I think the kb is fine, it's just the spacebar is too easily hit when typing those lower letters.

If I was sending it back, I would definitely go back to my 750. For the few occasions I need GPS I just pop the sim in my q9h.
    I sent mine back too.

1. Keyboard SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS
    2. When you dial a number or receive a call, the type is 8 point. Can't see it.
    3. The case is slick and I hate egrips
    4. Processor is slowwww
    5. Too many key types. Keyboard - Windows key - soft key. They should all be raised buttons like on the Treo 750. Have you tried to delete a lot of emails in your inbox with the "delete" soft key? It is a joke.

PALM LISTEN UP.

Take the 750 (exactly the way it is) and just make it is as thin as the Treo Pro and you will sell the hell out of them. Keep the goodies on the Treo Pro like Wifi, etc.
    I think we found out next to try....................

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=1419
    I'll tell you it is very interesting to read all these posts. The more you see what people like and don't like about a device the more you realize there will never be anything close to the "perfect device".

IMO the Pro is the best compromise out there. I have realized that on these devices everything is a compromise. By and large thinner devices afford less battery space and thus less battery capacity. Smaller devices have smaller keyboards and thus become more cramped. It goes on and on.

I was a 650 user who reluctantly migrated to the 750 because it had simultaneous voice and data, HSDPA (eventually) and multi-tasking--at least those were the big 3. I did not look forward to WinMo, being a loyal POS user but eventually appreciated all the programming options out there and the cheap software too. The AT&T subsidized price on the 750 also contributed huge.

Now almost 2 years later I really wanted WiFi, GPS, thinner form factor, flush screen, greater RAM/ROM and a keyboard that had uniform feel across all the keys. My 750 had some keys that required too much pressure and emails were missing characters all the time. I did not want to give up the touch screen or change form factor to a slider as one handed operation is key for me.

I think the Pro is a great device when you consider all the above--my biggest beef is the size of they keyboard. I don't mind the non-smile layout but the keys are a tad too close for me and I am a guy with average sized hands (especially thumbs), if my hands were bigger this might be a deal breaker.

All the other things you mention above to me are just small annoyances (with the exception of the BT bug which needs to be fixed ASAP) and well worth the trade-off for this device. For example, in the past I used to swap the sim card to my RAZR for jeans wearing on nights and weekends and to ditch my clunky phone, but now I no longer feel it is worth it. I also think the battery life far exceeds the battery life I got on my 750 and that was with the slim seidio extended battery in the 750. This is probably because I no longer use Good Mobile Messaging and use Outlook on the Pro but it is night and day.

I guess if I could change one or two things I would put the soft buttons back below the LCD like on the 750 (although I miss them less and less now) and I would make the device a tad wider so I could have better keyboard spacing. I would be willing to add a little width to have a better keyboard. But no way is this thing going back! I am in it for the long haul.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Keeping mine - less typos than the BJII I have, I'm pretty quick and getting used to it. I've only had it for about 2 days now and am already used to it. Best phone I've ever had.
    I think we found out next to try....................

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=1419
    I don't see it listed--is it there?

See, again goes to my email above that everything is a trade off. optical mouse would be very cool if it worked well.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Also, looks like the Bold will finally be available 10/27
    Also, looks like the Bold will finally be available 10/27

Anyone can compare bold with tp? My 30 days is very close now!!
    Did anyone call palm service 877 426 3777? I tried to ask for help but all I got is "HARDRESET".

And if after 30days, they asked me to enjoy the 90days free tech support. So my question is if the HARDREST is the only option, how can I enjoy the 90days tech support??

My 30 days is very close now, I need a quick decision. Any thoughts?
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast