Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Now try telling that to the fanboys who keep telling us we need to use workarounds, while other phones have the functionality built in.

They must not realize that if you can't access a useful unction that you could before, it's a real pain.
    MMS is still the biggest thing, I missed out on a lot of funny/cute/awesome photos from friends that I just said that it wasn't worth it. There was a variety of other issues too, and now I'm happily using my Treo Pro.
    LOL! I just saw that I left the "f" off "function".

Yeah, MMS is a real pain in the on the iPhone. That's why I told people to just send photos to my other number. I either got that crazy sign in notice, or had to beg people to email the photos, which is a pain for them too.

But the absolute worst for me is still no type of clipboard on the iPhone. As a heavy message sender, that just sucks.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3.    #103  
    I just typed a long email........ I hit the backspace 2 times to correct a typo and it went psycho and kept going until the entire email was gone!!!! I dont think I can make it with this thing until the until the Touch Pro comes out!!!

I read a ton of sites titled Top Ten Reasons Why the iPhone Sucks and they listed silly complaints such as the default ring tones are lousy or the screen could get broken. No one mentioned that the iphone has a buggie, unstable, weak operating system
    Did yours come with the latest firmware?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5.    #105  
    Did yours come with the latest firmware?
    Thanks,,,,Yes 2.1 is what the itunes summary says. I emailed a friend of mine who is pretty familiar with the iphone and he didnt mention that this was a known issue.

Guess Im back to the drawing board,,,,,,, Maybe the touch pro can replace the Treo Pro,,,,,,,,,,, maybe an ATT subsidized Treo Pro
    I thought the latest was 2.2?
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    The latest firmware is 2.1 as far as I know. I just googled it earlier.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    I thought the latest was 2.2?
    That was just seeded to some developers, so it'll probably be out next month.
    now u see why i switched to the pro and never look back...

Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    This flippen iphone is driving me nuts!!!

1) Safari spontaneously closes several times a day!

2) My internet radio stations spontaneously close several times a day!

3) The backspace button goes ballistic. I try to tap it 3 times to delete 3 characters and it goes postal deleting 2 paragraphs before I can stop it!!!

4) They keyboard occasionally goes into slow motion mode taking 3 seconds to register each key tap.

The pleasure is wearing off quickly.......
    Switched from the iPhone to Treo Pro
    But remember guys,

Your friends know what an iPhone is, and they might even envy you.
    As far as they know the iPhone is so cool.

What's a Treo

I was in the Att store, a teen was with her mother and wanted an iPhone.
    The guy said she should get a BB.
    The mother looked at the daughter, and the daughter said: "But I want an iPhone"
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    But remember guys,

The mother looked at the daughter, and the daughter said: "But I want an iPhone"
    OMG that makes you sound SOOOO OLD

-D
    When I told my students I was dumping the iPhone, and they knew my issues with it, they all wanted it. They don't care, it is a cool interface and great to show off with.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    But remember guys,

Your friends know what an iPhone is, and they might even envy you.
    As far as they know the iPhone is so cool.

What's a Treo

LMAO

Teenagers don't need cell phones, let alone a BB or iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuy119 View Post
    LMAO

Teenagers don't need cell phones, let alone a BB or iPhone.
    Times have changed, look around you. I agree a smartphone can be too much for a kid, but considering that nowadays parents and children often barely see each other, there needs to be some way for the parent to reach the kid. Also for safety reasons, your kid indeed should have a cell phone.

Times have changed, look around you. I agree a smartphone can be too much for a kid, but considering that nowadays parents and children often barely see each other, there needs to be some way for the parent to reach the kid. Also for safety reasons, your kid indeed should have a cell phone.
    And so the obvious choice... iPhone

<edit> on a serious note; I don't have kids.
    But if I did, for 'Safety Reasons,' they would have a cell phone as soon as they could figure out how to use it.
    Just call me Berd.
    I agree. Crazy people and crazy situations these days. Plus teens who're allowed to drive can get in an accident and have no way to contact anybody, without a cell phone.

Even if you can't pinpoint your location in an emergency, that chip that's embedded in newer phones may be able to help find you if you leave the phone on.

P.S. Well there's always been crazy people, but at least now you can call for help.

I am sending my Treo Pro back. I really like the convenience of the front keyboard but screen to be is just too small (even with real vga installed at 96 dpi) and not bright enough (I compared the treo pro screen to ATT tilt side by side and treo pro screen looked very washed out even at the highest brightness settings). I am waiting for Touch Pro - ATT Fuze to be released.
  18.    #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
    OMG that makes you sound SOOOO OLD

-D
    haHaHaHa!!!! I'm 34 in January and I do feel to old to have an iphone.
  19. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    haHaHaHa!!!! I'm 34 in January and I do feel to old to have an iphone.
    lol, My 57 year old doctor is always showing of her iPhone. She doesn't know the difference between 3G & WiFi but loves how the pictures can be put in albums and that she gets her E-Mail on it.
  20.    #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by gondalguru View Post
    I am sending my Treo Pro back. I really like the convenience of the front keyboard but screen to be is just too small (even with real vga installed at 96 dpi) and not bright enough (I compared the treo pro screen to ATT tilt side by side and treo pro screen looked very washed out even at the highest brightness settings). I am waiting for Touch Pro - ATT Fuze to be released.
    Deep down this is my real issue also. The Treo Pro is one of the best devices but I just don't want to use a device with a 2.5 inch screen anymore. With the small screen, the GPS failures and the typos the Treo Pro just isn't good enough.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast