Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Great point regarding the iphone--I am getting sick of seeing it creep up on all these threads--we get that it is a succesful device that has sold millions but it brings other things to the table and lacks some features we all want who haven chosen the Pro. As you said this is afterall a Treo Pro forum. However, I can still see people getting upset with the mfg--I mean why has Palm still not acknowledged the BT issue. I can like the TP and still bash Palm for their bone headed moves and lact of QC. Given all the BT issues they had with the 750 and car kits (and this is far worse) one would think they would actually try call waiting with a BT headset or car kit before they released it...Palm might have the best device out their for most of us in this forum but that doesn't mean they can't do better.
    Exactly!
    I bashed palm for letting us down over and over again by not giving us wifi. I bashed palm over and over for not putting a top notch reception radio in our $500+ devices.
    We have to complain and express, how else will palm hear?
    There's a big difference in wanting to like palm and wanting to hate palm.
    Oh by the way...
    Apple is so great, go over there and try to complain - their forum rules don't allow it.
    I have had nightmares with Apple, and others just praise them.
    So what am I to do, go over there and start a bunch of complaint threads? No, I move on.
    Actually they allowed a lot of complaints on the new products.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3.    #83  
    I'm don't know if everyone is getting mad at me or not. I may be reading the posts wrong. Its hard to interpret sometimes what people mean and who they are directing their ideas to. I'm not bashing palm. I am also not flipping into an apple fan boy. I started this thread to find out why others may want to return their Treo Pro so it is expected that users will state a complaint and also expected that users will compare another device to the Pro especially if the other device does not have the issue that their Pro has whether that device is the Epix, iphone or Nokia, please don't discourage them from stating their personal opinion. I do not want to discourage users from expressing their view against a users "Pro-successor" but it would be nice if disgust and anger wasn't the motive of their expression.
    How about who decided not to get one at all? If the Epix hadn't been released and if the Fuze weren't also coming down the pipeline soon, I'd have gotten one. Too bad Palm has so much competition on the WM front.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5.    #85  
    The more competition the better I am so glad the market has been pushed past the old issues such as inadequate memory, slow processors, low resolution screens and slow data speeds. I am thrilled to be choosing a device based on screen size and gooey
    well the treo pro is not yet available here in the PH so I haven't had the chance to play with one. however the samsung sgh-i780 [which is like an epix 907 for ASIA/EU] has been out for awhile. I can't seem to get used to the touchpad though so I will wait for the tp and may be the hp 900 series as well before really deciding... tbh the tp is still on top of my list :P

For those looking for a nice QWERTY bar checkout Nokia's E71 a lot of friends and my sister use this device and they are very happy with it. It has WiFi, GPS, 3G as well.

I love the power of WM but am getting really tempted by the E71.
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    I'm don't know if everyone is getting mad at me or not. I may be reading the posts wrong. Its hard to interpret sometimes what people mean and who they are directing their ideas to. I'm not bashing palm. I am also not flipping into an apple fan boy. I started this thread to find out why others may want to return their Treo Pro so it is expected that users will state a complaint and also expected that users will compare another device to the Pro especially if the other device does not have the issue that their Pro has whether that device is the Epix, iphone or Nokia, please don't discourage them from stating their personal opinion. I do not want to discourage users from expressing their view against a users "Pro-successor" but it would be nice if disgust and anger wasn't the motive of their expression.
    My comments were by no means directed at you.
    They were motivated by the good thoughts of Phone Diva. She said something I liked, and used it as a spring-board.

<edit>
    The more competition the better I am so glad the market has been pushed past the old issues such as inadequate memory, slow processors, low resolution screens and slow data speeds. I am thrilled to be choosing a device based on screen size and gooey

Of course competition is better. I just meant that Palm may have waited too long to release a competitive WM device because everyone now has almost the same features. Had Palm released the 750 with the Pro's line-up, it would have been something to behold for the year it was released. Now the Pro is just something to weigh against other phones. There's no urgent need to buy a Pro unless you prefer unlocked(or don't mind T-Mobile USA EDGE) or Palm brand. I do prefer unlocked, but the Epix's feature set looks sweeter at a little less.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 10/27/2008 at 02:12 PM.

The more 320x320 phones, no matter what the brand, the better for us Plam Users wanting more supported application :-)

-D
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
    The more 320x320 phones, no matter what the brand, the better for us Plam Users wanting more supported application :-)

-D
    I had the same thought.
    I know some question the sq screen, but how else do we get a static kb and not make the device too long.
    Now we just need Motorola to follow. I would be sending mine back if there was a ppc q, 320x320, wifi, gps, with that amazing q reception.

<edit> Na... I still wouldn't send my Pro back.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 10/27/2008 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Na... I still wouldn't send my Pro back.
    I'm sending mine back - that's because it's on loan as an evaluation unit
    I still haven't decided if I should get one
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Of course competition is better. I just meant that Palm may have waited too long to release a competitive WM device because everyone now has almost the same features. Had Palm released the 750 with the Pro's line-up, it would have been something to behold for the year it was released. Now the Pro is just something to weigh against other phones. There's no urgent need to buy a Pro unless you prefer unlocked(or don't mind T-Mobile USA EDGE) or Palm brand. I do prefer unlocked, but the Epix's feature set looks sweeter at a little less.
    I gotcha,,,,,, When I saw the new HP data messenger http://blogs.zdnet.com/cell-phones/?p=191 the same hit me,,,, Wow,,,,,, this would have been a nice phone last year but now it just blends in at the low to mid-low options
  13.    #93  
    I guess i just kinda fell in love with the HD and now nothing else is good enough. I only bought the iphone because she reminds me of my forbidden love!!

Attached Images Attached Images
  14.    #94  
    This flippen iphone is driving me nuts!!!

1) Safari spontaneously closes several times a day!

2) My internet radio stations spontaneously close several times a day!

3) The backspace button goes ballistic. I try to tap it 3 times to delete 3 characters and it goes postal deleting 2 paragraphs before I can stop it!!!

4) They keyboard occasionally goes into slow motion mode taking 3 seconds to register each key tap.

The pleasure is wearing off quickly.......
    This flippen iphone is driving me nuts!!!

1) Safari spontaneously closes several times a day!

2) My internet radio stations spontaneously close several times a day!

3) The backspace button goes ballistic. I try to tap it 3 times to delete 3 characters and it goes postal deleting 2 paragraphs before I can stop it!!!

4) They keyboard occasionally goes into slow motion mode taking 3 seconds to register each key tap.

The pleasure is wearing off quickly.......
    I've posted this before, but here are a couple of my thoughts about the iPhone before I sent it back.

While the UI is very slick, the limitations for things I regularly take for granted with my Treo /Centro are driving me crazy

The lack of a supported mechanism to load documents on the device for portable viewing is a complete showstopper for me. There is no way to load PDF, Word, and Excel documents due to the lack of file system access. I'd gladly give up either music or videos for this feature, but why should I need to. The device should easily be able to transfer, store and view such documents (editing would also be nice to have, but for me not absolutely required). This is really a no brainer requirement, and it's insane they did not include this in the latest upgrade.

Things that would be great to add to the iPhone. But then I get the feeling most of the people that own these don't use them for business applications.

1) rules for mail?
    2) folders for mail?
    3) forward a text message
    4) forward a text message as an email (you'd be surprised how useful this)
    5) distribute a calendar event as an email or text message without retyping it doh
    6) choose which calendars to sync
    7) add a contact from a text message
    8) view sent items in text messages (unless there is a chat initiated or you've sent 2 messages to the same person ie: no sent messages view)
    9) To Do list from iCal will to sync to iPhone
    10) beam (wireless or otherwise) a contact to or from another device
    11) send a contact to or from another device
    12) Find a contact nightmare (My address book is aprox 1800 people, to find a contact at the very least I have to scroll through the whole of the contacts associated the the first letter of their last name, and thats if I'm accurate on the alphabet down the side) Surely a keyboard pop up that lets you type the first letter of the first name and then continue typing the last name would be quicker.)
    13) keyboard Help? On my palm, if I hold a key down, I get the capital, if I tap that key twice I get the shifted character
    14) edit docs, exel etc
    15) attach files to mail
    16) wireless sync with the computer (see point 6)
    17) Mount the device and use it as storage (ie; can't carry and share a subset of documents with other computers using the device)
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

And all I wanted was the iPhone to work as a phone, and it failed that test.
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    And all I wanted was the iPhone to work as a phone, and it failed that test.
    Hey cg, how r u liking the epix compared to the treo pro?
    Most people that I know that REALLY use their smartphones were turned off by the iPhone - it's basically a feature phone with some advanced features.
    Honestly I love the EPIX feel, the phone itself.
    EPIX
    Things I like:
    feel of the phone, metallic, professional looking.
    Keyboad larger
    Like the Vol up/down button
    Glass screen
    Brighter Cleaner display lighting, the TP is a bit blue
    Camera better than TP
    Things that bug:
    Power Button in a weird place and hard to push.
    Mouse is annoying shutting it off better, but wish it kept BJ2 spinny wheel.
    Why is anyone using proprietary connector for power?
    Why is anyone using proprietary connector for earphones?
    Why must earphone jack and cradle share a port?
    Can never have a quick cradle because of power port design.
    Do I need dedicated buttons for the bottom two touch screen choices?
    Miss Wi Fi button
    Function button, like the TP position better (maybe because palm has had it in that position for my last ??how many? phones.

I am worried about tethering, if it is possible.
    I still have not had time to test Tom Tom, brought it to work today, will try to install it today.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    Most people that I know that REALLY use their smartphones were turned off by the iPhone - it's basically a feature phone with some advanced features.
    Now try telling that to the fanboys who keep telling us we need to use workarounds, while other phones have the functionality built in.

They must not realize that if you can't access a useful function that you could before, it's a real pain.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 10/30/2008 at 12:19 AM. Reason: didn't proofread, lol!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast